Let's see your Klipsch speakers.

JDJohnson

@BluBltRates Thanks for the compliment I love my cornies but actually thinking of maybe giving Chorus or KLF's a try, it took me several years to get all the autographs you see in the last pic. Anyway I do not have a center and will be moving back to 2 Channel as the Marantz is just to complicated for this simple minded man and I prefer the no frills vintage sound.

Oddly, I am going to pickup a pair of MMG's tomorrow. What are you driving them with?

Back in the day 84-86 I had a pair of MMG's a Adcom 555, GTP5?, Technics SL-M3, Yamaha DSP1 and a Phillips/Magnavox FD1000 CD top loader.

I was working in a record shop called DeORSEY's back then and alway's had the cutting edge cool music playing. Yes those were the glory days.

Somewhere in that time I bought a pair of KG4's from New England HiFi and the Maggie's had to go. I think if there was a subwoofer available I may have kept them but the KG4's were my first date with Klipsch speakers and we have been going steady ever since.

BTW still own a DSP1 and the FD1000.

Just found out the hard way I have "Cornwall 1.5's" with B3 crossovers too bad just got my new caps 2uf & 5uf today. Good news though I opened and took pictures in both boxes then tightened all the screws inside and lo & behold they seem to sound better, or I'm crazy...

We should start a thread about why those small coils over heat and melt the black plastic washer on top.

Here are my recently purchased KG 5.5's. I'll not bore anyone with pics of stock Reference IV stuff... lol.

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1502.jpg

-Kelly

Those look great! Wow, love the color of the veneer.

Yes

....and welcome to the forum. I can't believe you're in the slc area![H]

I bought these a few months ago and love them.

post-32793-13819635384036_thumb.jpg