Where have I been?

DRBILL

I thought I'd better check in and give an account of my absence! My new romance is Ham Radio (KF5BXG). It has been all-absorbing for a while, but now I have a pretty good "rig" in place (all vacuum tube, of course) together with an appreciation of the lay of the land. There has been an awful lot to learn. I put it off for 60 years and realized that if I was going to do it, it had better be now! If there are any fellow Hams out there, I work 75M most evenings 1800-2000 CDST on 3880 AM.

I'll be more regular on the Klipsch Forum.

drbill

I own a Ham radio, a small globe and an Indiana Jones hat

Now all you need to do is put up an antenna, study up and get a license and call sign, plug it in, and then you can call CQ and then tell folks:

"I own a radio" and then say "73". That is what ham radio is all about. hi hi. Communicating this information. Its fun.

I own a radio.

K6TAJ

I own a Ham radio, a small globe and an Indiana Jones hat

Now all you need to do is put up an antenna, study up and get a license and call sign, plug it in, and then you can call CQ and then tell folks:

"I own a radio" and then say "73". That is what ham radio is all about. hi hi. Communicating this information. Its fun.

I own a radio.

K6TAJ

Nope, I went through a Morse code class about 35 years ago.

Wasn't smart enough then and more forgetful today:)

I'm delighted to see you back. I've wondered. Ah, ham radio. I had a Hallicrafters receiver as a young'n and delighted in listening to the world. It had a jack marked "xmitter" and I dreamed of being able to talk back.

Glad to see you realized your dreams. Gotta grab for all the gusto you can get, donchaknow...

Dave

That hobby can be very expensive if you let it take over the wallet. The internet and cell phones have taken over the interest's of the youth of the world. I know that I have been inactive for several years although the license is still current. Hopefully the hobby will not die out due to lack of interest.

73's Bill

Hobbies. Can never have too many of them. Or is that bad habits?

In any event, good to see you up and posting again.

Need any ham tubes. Chances are I have, and can give you, any of the ones not also used in audio.

So do hot chicks hang out on the hamwaves?