SVS 16-46pci vs. Legacy Audio Deep Impact

fabulousfrankie

Hello I need help on deciding what subwoofer to buy. I am looking for a subwoofer to match my RF-3's. First, I was planning on getting two SVS 16-46pci's until I heard the Legacy Audio Deep Impact($1595) today. The Legacy Audio had more visceral impact than any other subwoofer I have demoed(this includes the Velodyne HGS-18!). I have never had the chance to hear any of the SVS so I can't compare. Anybody ever heard the Legacy subwoofer? If so, how do you think it stacks up to the upcoming SVS 16-46pci. I thought it was impressive, but will SVS win the bass battle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

No I did not hear any Legacy subs,but I did hear their Whisper speakers!True state of the art performance.

Legacy builds speakers that dont need monster amps,just like Klipsch.They dont use horns like Klipsch buy their designs have BIG cone surface.

Their subs should be quite potent,have to hear one then.Dealers are not easy to find.Should be well worth it from what I read.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 18 years later...

The  Legacy Audio Deep Impact subwoofers are very good subs. They will play 120 db at 40hz! However, they are not designed for Bass below about 22 hz. 

Some of the HSU and SVS Subs will play lower, if that is what you seek.  I have owned both the SVS Ultra Pair of cylinders, and currently own the Legacy Deep Impact. However, I never owned both, at the same time. But, from memory the SVS Ultra Pair of Cylinders, mounted in my room corners were real room shakers, but lacked mid bass punch. The Legacy does not seem to go quite as low, but still shakes the room, and has a lot more of that mid bass kick. Both subwoofers will play louder than I want.

3 hours ago, ka7niq said:

The  Legacy Audio Deep Impact subwoofers are very good subs. They will play 120 db at 40hz! However, they are not designed for Bass below about 22 hz. 

Some of the HSU and SVS Subs will play lower, if that is what you seek.  I have owned both the SVS Ultra Pair of cylinders, and currently own the Legacy Deep Impact. However, I never owned both, at the same time. But, from memory the SVS Ultra Pair of Cylinders, mounted in my room corners were real room shakers, but lacked mid bass punch. The Legacy does not seem to go quite as low, but still shakes the room, and has a lot more of that mid bass kick. Both subwoofers will play louder than I want.

This thread is old enough to vote. 

• Haha 1