RF-83 system *Used* - fair price ?

sparty101

• Moderators

Patience....as hard as it is to do...be patient and an even better deal will come along.

Was just curious to see what they are currently selling for. These were the two cheapest I found.

New RC-64 - Sold for $650 on Ebay

Like New RF-83 - Selling for $1747

I can't find any prices on the RT-12d.

If you can find it on Craigslist, I believe it will be even cheaper than that. Here is what I would do. Email him or call him and tell him that unfortuntately you will not be able to pay that much but ask him to keep you information if he is unable to sell them for his asking price.

I have done that on several occassions and it has worked. Yes you run the risk of the item being sold but if it does not sell, you will be getting an even better deal than the original asking price. My guess is that there aren't too many people right now with 3k in hand to be buying speakers. I think he will have a hard time selling them at that price but that's just my opinion. Good luck.

• Moderators

I just read in the other thread you are in Michigan. Not only are times tough where you are, no one has Klipsch. LOL.

Not sure what your zip code is but I used www.craigshelper.com and plugged in a zip code from Grand Rapids, MI just to see what is around your area within 300 miles.

RF-7's for $1000

RT-10d for $600

Entire RF-83 Packagefor $3500

RS-62 - $785

RS-7 - $400

RB-5II - $230

I'm not saying any of these are phenomenal deals but at least it will help you know what is out there on your local Craigslist. I listed the RS-7's in case you decide to go with the RF-7's which are fantastic speakers as well.

Hey Fish,

I can't remember if you are the one I bought them from. I have had them for a couple of years now. I live in Lewiston Id., soon to be Rapid City SD. Anyway if it is you, I should let you know that I love them and they will be with me for quite a long time.

That's right,I'm glad you like em',they're really great speakers,may you continue to enjoy for many years.

Patience....as hard as it is to do...be patient and an even better deal will come along.

Was just curious to see what they are currently selling for. These were the two cheapest I found.

New RC-64 - Sold for $650 on Ebay

Like New RF-83 - Selling for $1747

I can't find any prices on the RT-12d.

If you can find it on Craigslist, I believe it will be even cheaper than that. Here is what I would do. Email him or call him and tell him that unfortuntately you will not be able to pay that much but ask him to keep you information if he is unable to sell them for his asking price.

I have done that on several occassions and it has worked. Yes you run the risk of the item being sold but if it does not sell, you will be getting an even better deal than the original asking price. My guess is that there aren't too many people right now with 3k in hand to be buying speakers. I think he will have a hard time selling them at that price but that's just my opinion. Good luck.

my authorized dealer sells the rc 64 for around 650

the rf83 for 1600

what gives?

• 1 month later...

So I was looking at the 83s (fronts) listed at 1400/pair on craigslist...just checked them out in the chicagoland area while i was in town here...these are B-stock, but have only been used for 3 mths....seller is an audiophile...listens to a whole lot of classical music (trumpets, pipes, etc.) and is happier with k-horns...

Nothing wrong with the spkrs...i just demoed them...and haggled a bit to get him down to 1100...I'm thinking that aint a bad price given the details above?

I haven't put any money in yet...have until tomorrow to close the deal. It may take a bit to carry them back home to michigan, but I wont mind the legwork if its worth it price-wise.

Thoughts?

I have to agree, GET THEM NOW.......

The worse thing about purchasing used speakers are you're not able to listen to them and see them in person. You have those two things going for you, so that makes it a killer purchase. Remember you might find them cheaper but if they aren't local then you have to worry about the condition of the speakers and then shipping. With all the bad shipping stories on here it's a deal to purchase these local.

James