My camera is back... Time for some photos of my La Scala rebuild

jhoak

LOL! Sorry, I wasn't fully awake when I made that post after a routine nap [:D].

From the time I sent my D50 to Nikon for service until I got it back was almost 9 months. I figured that the only way it could take that long is if they had shipped it to one of their shops located on an off-world colony.

It was an attempt at humor... Forgive me... I'll know better next time...

Yeah, I like everything you did with your La Scalas. The veneer looks great, I like the edge treatment to the midrange horn opening, the grills are more contemporary, the proportions look good, I like the trim, the finish, the flexibility for future mods, etc... Just a great job overall.

I agree, it's hard to describe Mike's Khorns. I busted my back moving them in and out of my living room trying to figure out what exactly was sounding better than mine! I finally figured it out, but it took a while. Truly amazing speakers - the best I've done so far.

Greg

I agree, it's hard to describe Mike's Khorns. I busted my back moving them in and out of my living room trying to figure out what exactly was sounding better than mine! I finally figured it out, but it took a while. Truly amazing speakers - the best I've done so far.

Greg

Greg: Please share. What made those Khorns sound so good?

Yea... I'm pretty familiar with that reference... Check out the left side poster...

DSC_0275.jpg

Hmm. I also have a Director's Cut poster framed. However, mine is a silver background and I had it installed in a frame with a double mat. Interestingly, the framer had it sitting in his showroom waiting for me to pick it up and said whilst it was there some customers saw it and offered an insane amount of money for it.

• 1 month later...