Tall order for a reciever, need some thoughts

alliclaytor

All,

I am looking for a receiver to do quite a few things for me, would rather buy one than two...let me know if you know of any that can do all of the following. My 2.2 channel reciever went dead and I am trying to replace it and get a new main reciever for the theater room. I have some outdoor speakers for zone 3, RF-7's and a DIY sub for zone two, and thinking about a big boy klipsch system for zone one (haven't decided yet, depends what I can piece together). I may be a little dense on what the new recievers can do, as I haven't purchased one...or even looked for one for a number of years.

Able to drive a 7.1 system (THX certified prefered)

HDMI (I think 1.3b is the most recent standard?)

3 zones with HD video to at least zone 2(or two zones with a speaker A/B option in zone 2)

Preferred sub output to zone two as well

Good to great sound/video quality

Able to add on the little seperate remote reciever for zone two would be nice too

Auto room calibration would be nice, but not necessary

sorry, forgot to add additional info.

Emotiva's new processor (if it actually ever comes out) will be 1.4. what sucks is, the hdmi cable is actually different so you have to, again, buy new cables. some places that sells hdmi cables has already started reducing prices on the 1.3c and lover versions. i have only seen one place that sells the 1.4.

you have to google HDMI 1.4 to get all the info but some highlights are, 3D, and internet. with the 1.4 as long as one device is hooked up to the internet, any device in line can update though that cable. that way you don't need more than one device hooked up to the web.

The problem is with 3 zones My Denon 3808 witch you may catch on sale now with the 4310 just coming out. Has 3 zones but you lose 1 when you go to 7.1. The big Pioneer I tried had the same thing when you go to 7.1. So I took the analog from my dish dvr to an old receiver to feed the swimming pool and the deck. zone 3 to a old Denon 1802 in the garage. You will have no power out if you go to 7.1 on zone 3. You will have power with a Denon 5808 it has 10 channels of power, but that is a chunk of money.