Question conserning HDMI

robroy3300

I cannotafford to go out and buy all new equipment,( a new preamp processor with HDMI capability I meen) as do I suspect most cannot! LOL

Now I shun away from just buying a cheap replacement receiver with preamp outs so I can still use my sepparates-I fear using THAT as my preamp just to acieve HDMI capability,would be a mistake! I love my Carver reciever, and use it as my preamp (It is pro-logic capable and souds GREAT with my Forte II's as fronts and a Heresey as mu center!) Now I know I can purchase an HDMI splitter and just use the inputs in my big screen-it is HD compatable with an HDMI input-one! My question is will I REALLY loose that much quality in audio not using the HDMI as a sound sorce? (just continue using the Carver for audio and HDMI separatley for video)

Hope I made myself clear-any response would be appreciated-

P.S. (Klipsch Belle Clones are now in progress!)-if anyone payed attention to my last post! LOL

Thanks all,Rob robroy3300@yahoo.com

Does your source device provide 5.1 analog outputs? If so, I'd use those to connect to your Carver. I'm planning to buy a new Bluray player with 7.1 analog outs to use in lieu of my Playstation3 just so I can connect them to my 9-year-old Denon receiver's 7.1 analog inputs, and listen to the new HD audio formats that way.

Yes it does-It is a 5.1 dolby pro-logic reciever HR-895

Thanks; Hey ,do you find a real difference between the 5.1 and the 7.1 ? God, if I ever DO go to 7.1,Il'l have to buy two more Hereseys! Darn! LOL

My listening room which is 17x 22 will look like a display for vintage Klipsch showrooms! Darn again HMMMMM,mabee that's why I live alone! LOL

Thanks for the comments and help!

Rob

Yes it does-It is a 5.1 dolby pro-logic reciever HR-895

Thanks; Hey ,do you find a real difference between the 5.1 and the 7.1 ? God, if I ever DO go to 7.1,Il'l have to buy two more Hereseys! Darn! LOL

My listening room which is 17x 22 will look like a display for vintage Klipsch showrooms! Darn again HMMMMM,mabee that's why I live alone! LOL

Thanks for the comments and help!

Rob

I"m actually going from 7.1 back down to 5.1. There's not much difference soundwise beteen the two if you have a good 5.1 setup (yes, my 7.1 was set up in accordance with THX specs). IMHO not worth the extra expense, room space, and speakers. Besides 90% of the Blue Ray releases are still 5.1 masters so almost all DVD, Blue Ray etc. are a receiver or player SYNTHESISED and NOT discrete anyhow. Boo, hiss.