Suggestions on choosing speakers to match McIntosh Mc275 amp

Speedmaster

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any advice. My current set up is:

MX 134 Preamp running 2 channel, Mc 7106 (bridged), Mc 275, McIntosh SL6 speakers

I would like a more musical speaker to pair up with the Mc 275 tube amp.

Heresy, Forte, Chorus, or Cornwalls? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You are best of redoing the grills, unless you can come across the same material the next best thing is a synthetic fabric not the same thing but close lots of folks around here like it a lot I don't remember the name I am sure some one will chime in soon. welcome to the forum.

duder

$800.00 budget

Smooth jazz, vocals, instrumental (piano, guitar, saxaphone).

No room for 2 sets without upsetting my wife. I'm already taking a risk by considering the Cornwalls.

Thank you.

If you had teh corners and budget I'd recommend Klipschorns...of course. But 1500-2k used is the current tariff on these. They are less intrusive on a room & its decor than most other speakers. Sounds counterintuitive but 'tis true. Barring that, Cornwall, Chorus & Forte are each wonderful. But Cornwalls are BIG boxes...

Had to lug my Mc275 across 2 bridges (Bay Bridge was closed) to test Peter44's Cornwalls today. He did not have them set up. They're now playing in my living room. My wife's already voice her opinion on the asthetics, but they sure sound good. Thanks everyone for your advice.

well, if your wife is upset about them, you should definitely get rid of them before it damages your marriage.

my modem went out and i was without internet for a day--missed out on that very sale, after i posted asking peter if they were still available. my loss is your gain--i hope you enjoy them. happy listening!

Good choice on the CW's. I use them with my MC275 and MX110. If you want to really blow your mind, change out the squawker to a Trachorn. It makes the warmth of the tubes even more mellow!

As for the size, my ultimate project is to remove the base and build them into a wall unit with a wine rack on one end, Book/Media rack on the other end, and an art deco oak cabinet in the middle to showcase the gear. Without the base they are 35.5" tall which is just below counter height

My wife was freaked when I first set them up but now she really likes them. She even posted on Facebook that "Vinyl is better!"

Herb