Affordable power/integrated amps?

tpg

For 600.00 you can get accuracy from a significant number of sources, used and new. Heck, I won't even list them as so many come to mind it would be a waste of time.

If you are hung up on names or voodoo, you may have a problem (well, by my definition, you do in that case), but there are LOADS of integrateds, separates, tubes, digital, or SS that offer accuracy within your price.

Heck, I thought you were talking a hundred or so, where it takes a while to find a deal...

Dave

I just picked up a Sophia Baby integrated tube amp for $325 shipped and PP'd from Audio Asylum-great reviews and I was blown away with the soundstage and tonality. There are usually a couple on Audiogon and for the money!!!!! I've tried mine with both Chorus II's and LaScalas and I'm impressed with the little sucker!

I literally just received an ebay purchase from last week: Yaqin MC-84L. It is 12W/channel EL84/12ax7 tube amp driving my Klipsch KG2s. It sounds amazing. 20 years ago, I spent more than twice as much, and while it was great then, not as good as this chinese tube amp today. I listened to Jazz, Classical, Electronica, and Rock, and it sounds great. I bought it for $350 on ebay with the airmail delivery option, which took exactly 7 days for me (I'm in NYC).

Dave