HT upgrade advice please

liebherr954

Hi everyone!

I would like some advice on my next upgrade for my home theater.

My current system comprises of a

Yamaha RXV-596 receiver

Klipsch RB-81 mains

Klipsch Quintet center and surround speakers

Klipsch Sub-12

Samsung 50" plasma

PS3 80 Gig

I am working full time and going to school part–time so the upgrades will be about 6 months apart.

I was thinking of either upgrading my receiver to a Yamaha 765 or replacing my center channel with the Klipsch RC-52 or RC-62.

What do you suppose the would be a better upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

Guest davidness

Upgrading the center will give you the highest returns .

Right now, you can get a brand new RC-35 center, SHIPPED for only $100. Use this link, and make an offer of $100. He'll accept it. I don't know if it's the right center channel for your use, but it can't be far off.

I just ordered two to use as 'presence' speakers (and 'accidentally paid $125 each before I saw that the seller also accepted every else's offer of only $100 each). I use the RC-7 as my center, but it's mighty big. The RC-35 might be a better match for your existing RB-81 fronts.

PS: Check the seller's feedback to see what others who 'won' with their best offers paid for the RC-35's being sold.

Upgrading the center will give you the highest returns .

Right now, you can get a brand new RC-35 center, SHIPPED for only $100. Use this link, and make an offer of $100. He'll accept it. I don't know if it's the right center channel for your use, but it can't be far off.

I just ordered two to use as 'presence' speakers (and 'accidentally paid $125 each before I saw that the seller also accepted every else's offer of only $100 each). I use the RC-7 as my center, but it's mighty big. The RC-35 might be a better match for your existing RB-81 fronts.

PS: Check the seller's feedback to see what others who 'won' with their best offers paid for the RC-35's being sold.

Thanks I just checked it out, he does not ship to Canada anymore though!

That is one hell of a deal though.

Guest davidness

he does not ship to Canada anymore though!

Oops. Sorry. I should have seen your address in Canada. I would offer to relay one to you, but I'm not really that nice (today). [:)]