1989 #1KlipschFan meets PWK Paul Klipsch

johnyholiday

• Moderators

I've always envied those on the foum that had a chance to meet PWK.

Thanks for posting these.

I agree, he was a character they say. When we were in Hope a few times and people would ask where we were from it would always end up with them asking what were we in Hope for. We would tell them it was a get together of people who were in town to visit the Klipsch plant and Museum and they all had something to say about PWK.

Most had some kind of story but all knew of him and considered him the town genius and thought of him as a good man who was also very generous and did not hesitate to give his opinion.

Also the people he was close to, even at work all admire him very much, that says alot about what kind of person he was.

Johnny,

Tha's awsome, Kevin Harmon buned coppies of all three of those for me. Who posted them on you tube??

Kevin is presently deer hunting in Kansas with his partner Tim, who came home temporarily his best friend Marcelle, and another friend will get in camp tomorrow. I talked with him last night and he is hunting alone today, so I'll try to catch him tonight and tell him. Yeah, it is really cool that Paul and Kev had the relationship they did, and Kev had the forsight to document some of Pauls personality. Kev says it has been to warm and they've been getting pictures on the trail cameras at night, so everyone send him good cold snap thoughts for a successful hunt to get those deer moving. Anybody that doesn't know, Kev is a real serious bow hunter and has a long lasting personal relationship with Miles Keller, who is one of the top white tail bow hunters in the world.

Roger

PWK said the shorthorns were not worth $300 and he wished his name wasn't on that speaker. he was "ashamed" of it.

Yeah, that was a classic line. PWK's memory seem to be failing him; but, even so, the man still knows far more about audio than i will ever know. He looked like the type of guy that you could drive down to the corner bar and talk over a cold beer.