RF-62 vs RF-82

Jakeg123

just curious about where you are purchasing from. private seller, or website? i bought RF-62's about 2 months ago, and paid $540 shipped, brand new from an authorized dealer online. i'm sure you could get the 82's cheaper than you mentioned too.

many popular websites have promotions that you can take advantage of.

onecall.com has a "my price" thing going on. name the price you're willing to pay & they'll attempt to match it.

6ave.com has a "name your price" thing they do about once a month.basically the same deal as onecall, but you have to catch them when it's going on. thats where i bought my stuff from.

good luck!

just curious about where you are purchasing from. private seller, or website? i bought RF-62's about 2 months ago, and paid $540 shipped, brand new from an authorized dealer online. i'm sure you could get the 82's cheaper than you mentioned too.

many popular websites have promotions that you can take advantage of.

onecall.com has a "my price" thing going on. name the price you're willing to pay & they'll attempt to match it.

6ave.com has a "name your price" thing they do about once a month.basically the same deal as onecall, but you have to catch them when it's going on. thats where i bought my stuff from.

good luck!

I would be purchasing from a website. I know several websites have different promotions, but I haven't seen any lately. I went to the onecall website and I didn't see any name your price type of thing going on. Could I be looking at the wrong thing? Every few days I have been looking at 6ave.com. i have heard a lot about their "name your price" promotion, but I have never actually seen it going on. I wish I could actually catch it and purchase for cheaper!

i just went to both sites.

you can sign up for email alerts on the 6ave site. this will send you an email letting you know when the sale starts. it's right below where the cart is on the home page.

on the onecall site, go to the item you are looking at. once there, the "my price" option is right next to the pricing tab.

i wasnt able to demo my purchase locally without having to wait. i did check out the F series, and VF series at places like best buy, and ABC warehouse. i liked the sound of both of these over everything else. i'm glad i went with the RF's[:D]

i just went to both sites.

you can sign up for email alerts on the 6ave site. this will send you an email letting you know when the sale starts. it's right below where the cart is on the home page.

on the onecall site, go to the item you are looking at. once there, the "my price" option is right next to the pricing tab.

i wasnt able to demo my purchase locally without having to wait. i did check out the F series, and VF series at places like best buy, and ABC warehouse. i liked the sound of both of these over everything else. i'm glad i went with the RF'sBig Smile

Thanks you so much! Do you have any idea how long the onecall "my price" deal goes on for? I don't have to money right now, but I should by this weekend!

as far as i know, the my price thing is always there. every time i go to the site, it's there. so i'm pretty sure you won't miss it.

Oh okay! That's great news! So just for the heck of it I put in a few offers and I started off pretty low. They sent me an E-mail and in the subject like it said the offer was confirmed but the actual e-mail says, "We will contact you via email and/or phone when the Klipsch RF-82 Black (Ea) 2-Way Reference Floorstanding Speaker reaches your price of $350.00."

Is this good or bad?

Okay, I did some more research and I e-mailed a few companies. I am able to get a pair of RF-62s for $656 or pair of RF-82s for $875. Which should I get? Are the RF-82s still worth the extra money? By the way, the room that they will be in is 18 X 16 feet.

Thanks in advance,

Jake Gilson

Okay, I have been doing a LOT of research on prices and I have called several places. I am able to get the RF-82s for $810 or the RF-62s for $600. Those are the lowest prices that I can possibly find. If I get the 62s, I can get an RC-62 along with it with the extra money. I just can't make up my mind. (Since i'm 13, I am pretty much going to be spending ALL of my money) What should I go with?