Stands for La Scalas

seagull

Tried once....but could'nt lift the buggers....Wink

I hear you on that! The specifications say: 123lbs, but they feel more like 125lbs! When I brought mine home, I thought I could bring them inside by myself. HA! [:$] I had to wake up my neighbor, to help me. [:o] He got over it as soon as he heard them! [:P]

BTW, I should have posted that my La Scala's are at 13' and 11' from my chair.

Dennie

I once tried tilting mine back with 2-inch-tall blocks under the front and it made them sound harsh, so I took them out after a day or two.

Probably just being able to hear the sound directly from the K400 Ick!

No, I dealt with that by adding grille cloth (3 layers) to the K400's cabinet opening, which made it sound quite pleasant and (to my eyes) improved the look of the speakers. Now I'm using K510s (see avatar), which take the sound quality a level or two beyond that.

When I brought mine home, I thought I could bring them inside by myself. HA! Embarrassed

I brought mine in by myself. I placed some particle board (smooth) and slid them in on a blanket. I couldn't wait. Once in the house I just did them end over end to get them where I wanted them. [:D]

Bruce

When I brought mine home, I thought I could bring them inside by myself. HA! Embarrassed

I brought mine in by myself. I placed some particle board (smooth) and slid them in on a blanket. I couldn't wait. Once in the house I just did them end over end to get them where I wanted them. Big Smile

Bruce

If you get an appliance dolly (one with a strap) for this, it will become your favorite tool!

I brought mine in by myself. I placed some particle board (smooth) and slid them in on a blanket. I couldn't wait. Once in the house I just did them end over end to get them where I wanted them. Big Smile

Bruce

If you get an appliance dolly (one with a strap) for this, it will become your favorite tool!

Hey Fini, That is what I thought I was going to do. But when I went to lift them out of my pick up truck, I decided to get help. Now I just do what Bruce does, I just slide them around on the carpet, end over end if necessary! Luckily they are built well!

Dennie

Bruce

Hey Fini, That is what I thought I was going to do. But when I went to lift them out of my pick up truck, I decided to get help. Now I just do what Bruce does, I just slide them around on the carpet, end over end if necessary! Luckily they are built well!

Dennie

I cannot imagine a dolly like that, even a well built one, being so heavy. (Just so much hot air) So did you try using the strap on?

Doing them end over end.....way to go.

-fini'sfriend

I cannot imagine a dolly like that, even a well built one, being so heavy

I've used one of the appliance dollies before. The ones I've seen are a good 80 lbs. + all by themselves. Too heavy for me, by the time I would have had an LS strapped on. I had to go up some steps.

So I backed up to the the door, placed the particle board from the back of the Blazer to the doorway and slid them inside. Then end over end to get them in place. A lot easier than the dolly.

Bruce

Bruce

Dennie

I cannot imagine a dolly like that, even a well built one, being so heavy. (Just so much hot air) So did you try using the strap on?

Doing them end over end.....way to go.

-fini'sfriend

I never got to the dolly part. I didn't have a ramp to use the dolly to get them out of my pick up truck. So I was going to lift them out of the truck and use the dolly w/strap, to get them up the front stairs(3) and into the house. But when I tried to lift them out of the truck, being a disabled veteran, I decided against it. My biggest fear was dropping one of them and having to glue the pieces back together. [:'(] Getting help was the easiest and safest way to go. If my neighbor wouldn't of been home, I would have managed with levers and pullies, as I imagine our ancestors did when they brought their La Scala's home! [;)]

Dennie