I have an older Denon 4800 runing my HT......

Dylanl

Acting as a preamp to my 5 channel and 2 channel amps. What would a newer unit like a Rotel 1098 pre HT processor http://www.rotel.com/NA/products/ProductDetails.htm?Id=20 do for me that I currently do not have?

I am looking to see when I need to upgrade and why. I like the sound I have but wondering if things are better now than in the past etc.

Thanks

The Rotel will probably give you a little better sound quality but it doesn't look like its packed with too many features. I'd hold out for a pre-amp that has HDMI like the new one that's coming out from Emotiva. That one looks like to be a HUGE bargain as far as cost/benefits.

The Rotel will probably give you a little better sound quality but it doesn't look like its packed with too many features. I'd hold out for a pre-amp that has HDMI like the new one that's coming out from Emotiva. That one looks like to be a HUGE bargain as far as cost/benefits.

i do like the emo preamp coming out and i do need to enquire if they would ship to Australia, i am using a Rotel poweramp 1075 5x120watts. i wonder how the emo preamp will sound with the rotel power amp. i dont really want to sell the rotel..