CP-1 Further issues

nmhusa

Upgraded to the new unit with no problems... until the speakers were turned on.... static from all four speakers greeted me. The problem emanated from the new unit. Placing my hands near or around it made the static disappear, so I think there is a shielding problem that may be causing the distortion. Replacing it with the old unit corrected the problem. Does Amy want another return ??

• Moderators

When did you order the CP-1? What kind of static is it (electrical interference static)?

We never "want" returns smile.gif but we certainly don't mind helping when there's a problem. Please contact me by email.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665

Emailed you yesterday Amy. The problem is a pulsing static sound coming through all four speakers despite clean connections throughout. The problem was absent with the original control pod and disspeared when the original unit is reconnected. The only time the noise dissapears is when I place my hands close to the unit on both sides..... All four speakers then quiet down.... Watching a movie or worse still playing a game is impossible in that position....