Now everything sounds better

Ocnorb

I had bought a shure V15-III cartridge without a stylus and bought a SAS replacement stylus from LP Gear

It is replaceing an Audio Technica AT125LC cartridge

The sound is better.......... and different

More bass and fuller midrange and the wonderfull high end articulation is still there if not better as well

another piece of the puzzle coming together

It is amazing how much a cartridge can make a difference.

I just switched from an Onkyo DD TT to my Garrard 301 with 12inch arm and Ortofon 2M blue. The difference between TT was staggering. I've probably bought 40 LP's over the last couple days. :)

It is amazing how much a cartridge can make a difference.

Also a "good" phono pre amp can make all the difference.

Yeah I had been using a hagtech bugle which as it turns out is no slouch. I'll be using it again really soon. I've been using my brothers Mcintosh MX110 which has a great phono stage featuring original telefunkens. This preamp is incredible. I'll be going back to the battery powered bugle soon. Not sure what I'll try next. My dream phono stage is the hagtech trumpet.

Yup, my V 15 III is the only cart I have that tracks the Telarc 1812, not perfectly, but closer than anything else I have tried and those cannon shots throw even more expensive stylus right out of the groove!

Just got a Audio Technica AT 30E, that once I get the upgraded 31E stylus, will see if that can "hang 10".

Those Jico SAS styli are terrrific, IMHO. They are very close to the stylus shape of the origina Shure "Microridge" or Stanton "Stereohedron", and make great contact deep in the groove to dig out the cleanest, clearest sound quality from your disks.