Best Concert DVDs

russ69

If you like Pink Floyd, check out the 2 disc set "Pulse". It has a very nice set up menu to give a quick check of how you have your system calibrated. Next bext thing to being at a PF concert (if you have a big screen). Haven't heard or purchased the Blu-ray version yet, but the standard DVD sounds excellent when played on my Blu-ray player. Same is true of any of my DVD collection. Everything sounds better (cleaner channel seperation) on the Blu-ray player.

A few others are the Eagles Farewell I 2 disc set recorded in Melbourne, Santana's Supernatural Live and when your ears need a rest check out Alison Krauss "A Hundred Miles or More - Live From The Tracking Room". The later includes several duets including James Taylor, Brad Paisley and John Waite.

Enjoy!

Moorebo1

David Gilmour - Remember That Night: Live at the Royal Albert Hall - - - David Gilmour in Concert - - - Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles - Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive II - - - Heart - Alive In Seattle - - - Loggins and Messina Live - Sittin' in Again at Santa Barbara Bowl - - - Boz Scaggs - Greatest Hits Live

Another vote for Pink Floyd, PULSE. Awesome sound and the light show close to the end on disk 2 (Comfortably Numb) is definately worth a look. Tina Turner in Amsterdam sounds good and the Girl Dancers are extremely eay on the eyes. Foghat Millenium Tour is good too. To me it has a certain value since that was the last DVD made before Lonesome Dave passed, the singer. Then the Guitar player passed away some time later so there is no more Foghat. Shame.

Blue Man Group is interesting.Though it is 2.1 on one side and 5.1 on the other side. BUT, the 5.1 is audio only, no video. WTF??? I thougt my TV was broke!!!! Then I read the case and found out its only audio on that side.

David Allen Coe is cool. The interview part had my attention. He was on Deathrow for 20 years, and he tells some interesting stories about the record producer that kept him waiting for 4-5 hours. I dont want to give it away, but that is worth a watch for sure. I think its David Allan Coe in Austin, not sure though. He had Pantera, Kid Rock and Uncle Cracker on his jacket / shirt. He mentions the songs he wrote that other Performers sang, he wrote a bunch of songs!!

Peter Frampton in Detroit is a good concert DVD. Has good sound. That Old man still rocks out.

Eagles Farewll Tour has Great sound. Not sure wqhicj one, buts its not the latest Farewell Tour. I dont know how many Farewells they have.

I will second Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts Live-I have quite a few concert DVD's but this one is the best I have seen and/or heard. Angel (track #10) is a great example of Beck's guitar genius. Both the video and the audio quality are second to none. Tal Wilkenfeld (bass), Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), Jason Rebello (keyboards) make up the rest of the group and all are at top form. Eric Clapton makes a guest appearance for two songs and also sounds great.

Couple others that I enjoy are:

Rory Gallagher-Live at Montreux

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble Live from Austin Texas

PInk Floyd Pulse (sounds great-just wish the video editing was better. )

AC/DC Live at Donnington

The Strat Pack Live in Concert. Recorded at Wembley Stadium in 2004 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the release of the Fender Stratocaster.

Great sound and a long list of top players: Hank Marvin, Albert Lee, Gary Moore, Brian May, Ronnie Wood, Phil Manzanera, Joe Walsh and David Gilmour, plus a number of others. The house band is really good too, doing a great job of backing up all the guitar heroes.

Bought the new McCartney New York concert at Starbucks yesterday, wife was out shopping till late evening, so I was home groovin' with Sir Paul! This package has 2 CDs and 1 DVD with the concert in 2 channel or 5.1 DTS audio. I went half way thru with the 5.1, rears (my surrounds are on the rear wall of my family room.....) louder to get the audience effect of the stadium. Then went back for selected tracks in 2 channel, not bad but miss the big center channel in 5.1. Some poignant tracks for John and George and many standard McCartney items, around 33 songs all told. Anyway, very good concert DVD and now I can rip the CDs to my Zen player. There is another version with two DVDs, Letterman appearance by McCartney and some other stuff on the second DVD. Overall not a bad 15 bucks for the three disc version.