Anybody up on Sony 333 ES problems? need help with CDP

Tom Mobley

I have one of those Tom and although it's never quit playing it seems to take it's time performing normal functions. I guess it never bothered me that much, (it's in where I shoot pool) so I've never taken it back to the dealer. I plan to stop at that dealership tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll ask the service guy. I've know him for over 30 years so if I get any information I'll pass it along to you.

BTW - I think Craig, (Nos/Valves) bought a 333 when I bought mine. In fact, I think he e-mailed me to tell me a dealer, local to me, had them on special and I think he ordered his from them as well.

Tom - Hit the stop button a couple times then unplug for an hour or longer. Plug it back in and see what happens.

Questions: Can you hear the lift mechanism functioning? Does the display indicate a disc is in and ready to go? If yes, your problem could be the laser mechanism. The shop sold quite a few of these units and has not had any significant problems although operations tend to be a bit slower than other changers. It is a very fine sounding unit with all CDs but it's great for SACD.