Help with repairing Heresy I's

After reading through the posts in this forum I have discovered that I have a pair of 1980 Heresy I's (U) with type E xover & K-77-M tweeters, raw birch finish. I bought these new while stationed in Europe for just over $200 for the pair. Recently one of the tweeters has ceased to work. I have attempted to check this with an ohmmeter & get an infinite reading. Shouldn't I get some resistance across this driver? And if this tweeter is bad, is my only option to replace it?

I've gained some nice tips regarding finishing these speakers & retaining their new appearance reading through the posts here. I'm grateful for the wealth of knowledge here and those that are willing to share it. I would be most appreciative for any help in this matter.

You have an open voice coil. It can be repaired for much less than a new one costs. The diaphragm can be bought from Klipsch or from E-V (for a T-35A). Most pro audio shops can get and install the diaphragm.

John

Sorry to take so long to thank you for the info, John. Pro audio shops in this neck of the woods are very scarce. I have since pulled the tweeter and checked it out further. The break in the coil is visible. I'm ordering a replacement diaphragm today.

It appears to be a simple soldering task to replace it.