Roy Rogers

JJkizak

Roy Rogers is a local NorCal/North Bay boy (Roy Rogers is his real name - he was actually named after the singing cowboy).

His band, the Delta Rhythm Kings has been playing together for about 25 years. He's probably best known for his work with John Lee Hooker's band in the 80's including producing the Grammy winning album "The Healer."

Also did a lot of work with the late Norton Buffalo over the years.

James

Lawrence Welk... a wonderfulllll a wonderfullll

Always watched it with my Grandma.

Always watched it with my parents growing up. I think it was the one TV show Dad made it a point to watch. Even went as a family to see him at the Indiana State Fair. I was pretty young then ... about the only thing I can remember is a bunch of old (at least they seemed old then) dudes in bright electric blue blazers.

Not my musical tastes but I'd watch it in a heartbeat with Dad and/or Mom if I could.

Lawrence Welk was on every saturday evening about 7:00 pm in our town. My parents would watch it while they were getting ready to go out to a local dance like a silver wedding ro the local firemans dance. My sisters and I would have to have it on while we were making a chef boy r dee pizza.

I have heard some of Roy Rodgers the blues man. Very good.

I remember being dragged over to my aunt's house as a little kid on Saturday nite. LW was on the TV with that awful champange lady. I would have cut my wrists except all of her knives were dull. I was not alowed to go outside and I was forced to watch it. Dont think I will be buying any LW CDs anytime soon.

The show deserved an Elvis Pressley/ AR-15 number on the TV

Have not heard of RR- dying to check it out after reading this- Blues junkie

Do any of you remember actor Pat Brady and his 1946 Willys Jeep "Nellybelle" from the Roy Roders show?

But of course! I recall the thrill of seeing him and Dale Evans ride full tilt into the rodeo arena at the Four States Fair and Rodeo about 1963 or so. His big joke was that underneath all that glitter was "...the rattiest underwear you've ever seen."

Dave