Total Novice Needs Help With Wiring

ElleTrixie

Hello:

I bought my husband a new receiver and 5.1 system for Christmas this year and am trying to install it for him, however, I am technologically inept. I am trying to wire the speakers to the receiver and am confused by the 2 terminals on the back (red and black). The diagram in the manual for the HD Theater 500 shows the negative terminal on the left and positive on the right. My speaker has red on the left and black on the right, which to me reads positive (red) on the left and negative (black) on the right. Is this correct?

Thanks for all your help!

Don't worry about things much. As was said, you won't hurt
anything, the system just may not sound as good as it should if you get
a wire reversed. Black to black and red to red and all will be well,
dont fret over left or right.

Once he returns home? Is he in the Millitary? There are quite a few vets here along with a few active duty service members.

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

No, he is not in the military (hopefully I'd have a better coming home present than a new receiver/speakers!), just out of town for work, so I took advantage and set it all up and now to wait to see how long it takes him to notice. I just look forward to no longer hearing about our terrible "system in a box" we bought a few years back :).

No, he is not in the military (hopefully I'd have a better coming home present than a new receiver/speakers!), just out of town for work, so I took advantage and set it all up and now to wait to see how long it takes him to notice.

Usually it is the guy who tries to camoflage the new member of the family and hope it doesn't get noticed.

Hint: You can stack Heresys [6]

we dont have to worry about WAF here.. Elle they should clone you..

by the way you probably dont know but WAF is wife acceptance factor which is a phase that is commonly used here.. I recently read somewhere else on a HT place someone wrote.. "its easier to ask for forgiveness than acceptance" very funny and very true.

Elle, I hope it all works out and you already have received great advice...