Finally broke down...and ordered some Heresy IIIs!

33RPM

After dinking around with various Reference and Icon models since building my tube amps last winter,

I finally bit the bullet and in four weeks, will be a Heritage owner! I just

placed an order this evening for the Walnut variety of the Heresy III's. How long

did they take to come from Hope - is it really 4 weeks? Anything I should know

about placement, the break in process, and so forth? I think they will make a

kick-*** combo with my Bottlehead gear! I'll post my observations of their

sound on BH equipment once they arrive.

Any

words of encouragement from fellow tube-heads who own Heresys would be

appreciated. $1600 is big chunk of change in this economy! What an expensive hobby.....

Guest David H

Bottleheads and HIII's, sounds like an excellent combination. As for break in...My father used to say, break it in the way you are going to drive it, or was it dive it like you stole it? cant remember now.

I contacted Amy Unger about personalized badges for that very reason - it will be cool, years from now, to pass these down to kids/grandkids, along with my Bottlehead gear. (That's if I can still get tubes for the things......) Imagine the strange looks tube amps, a turntable, and H3's will get in thirty or forty years! (Not that they don't already).

It IS going to be a long month, indeed......

Yes, a long december!

Just so you can feed my virus can you please take pictures of the unboxing!?

Photos capturing the several moments from your doorstep to there new position, and include close ups on the details ( Walnut Veneer, Riser, Speaker Connectors, Grill w/ Logo )

I am gonna get some when I move into a new house next fall..

-Bill

Very cool and congrats on the new purchase... [H]

I have only heard the HIII once at a store demo and liked the sound better then my HI. I am sure they are going to fit right in with the Bottlehead gear that you have. And yes, please do take pictures once everything is setup to show off the new addition to your family. As for the wait, you can always listen to your other speakers cause once the HIII come they are going to be neglected.

James

Congratulations. I really like my H3s. Kudos to you for buying new also since the company needs new sales to stay in business.

I never had any good speakers before my H3s so my comparisons are not that great, but I immediately noticed so much more detail from the H3s versus my old Infinity Sm-102.

I also got the name plates from Klipsch since I thought I might some day pass the speakers on as an hierloom.

Let us know how they sound when you get them

Rich

I also plan on getting Heresy IIIs, and later some quality tube gear. Due to space, I will probably go with a tube integrated. I wanted the Wright Sound EL84 integrated, but since Mr. Wright's passing, it's no longer available, and I cannot find it listed anywhere on Audiogon - trust them more than Ebay.

So I was thinking an Almarro 205A mk 2, but a lot of people on this forum shot it down because it's only 5 watts, and I listen to a lot of 70s hard rock and classic metal.

Be sure to tell us how your H3s and Bottleneck go together.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been along month, waiting for the H3's, but they finally shipped today!

Anybody have an idea of how long freight companies take to ship things (i.e., anybody who has ordered speakers directly from Hope?)? Arkansas to Iowa isn't all that far (just the state of MO is in between us), so I'm hoping it will be within a week.

This has been along month, waiting for the H3's, but they finally shipped today!

Great to hear that they shipped, see the month might have been the longest that you can think of but wait till you hear them. Everything will be fine and that smile on your face will last a long time.

I can't comment on the delivery time but even with the holiday this week you should have them by next week. Can't you call and find out at least a time frame so you have a better ideal?

James

I wish I can spend like you. Enjoy your speakers. You gonna love them.

Any
words of encouragement from fellow tube-heads who own Heresys would be
appreciated. $1600 is big chunk of change in this economy! What an expensive hobby.....