Are there different grades of RF-7s?

Vonrebel

First I'd like to Thank all of those who have responded to my past post. As some know I have recently purchased a complete RF-7, RS-7 and RC-7 powered by Yamahas RX-V3000. As I know zero about audio

I can appreciate this forum and its members.

On a set of newly purchased, new in the box Klipsch

RF-7s speakers there is a factory sticker stuck to the back upper right hand corrner.

On the RF-7s I have the sticker says max input pwr 150 watts. Yet on all the spec I have read and every other RF-7 speakers I have looked, all say max input pwr 250 watts.

I was wondering why there would be two different rating for the same speaker?

Is there different levels or grades, or worse refurbished?

The local Klipsch dealer says not to worry?

Nope - there is only one RF7.

You are right though. I looked on the back of mine and they also say 150 watts max.

Hmmm. What's up with that?

Of course pumping 250 watts through those mammas would leave one quite deaf.

------------------

deanG

OK:

There should be NO difference between ANY of the RF-7's that come off the Klipsch assembly line.

Look closly at the speakers. Are they bogus? Is the dealer authorized BY KLIPSCH (call them, don't ask the dealer). It may be a typo or a different rating on the speaker. Also, look at the Klipsch sticker on the back of BOTH speakers, do they look like they're from Klipsch, or do they look fake? Did you pay too little for them, like they are copies?

DOES IT HAVE A HORN TWEETER AND 2, 10" GOLD WOOFERS? Is the wood real?

I do not own any Klipsch Reference speakers, but other on this forum do. Give this fellow Klipschier some answers at to verify if they are the real thing.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Thanks Deang, for checking out your RFs. Naturally I feel better knowing that someone elses speakers match mine. What do you make of this?

I looked on my Klipsch RF-7 speaker box and stamped in ink is a date of Oct 9 2001. A production date maybe.

I bought mine from a local Klipsch dealer, they say not to worry. But I am. Ha!

But this does not make sense I would

like mine to read 250 watts.

My stickers say on both speakers;

RF7 BLACK

S/N RF7: 01360673

max input pwr 150 watts

Thought I would say the asking price for the pair was 2,000.00 but I paid 1,582.00 plus tax. I was given a good price for the confusion I encountered while putting the system together. That would be another story.

This low price and the difficulty made me even more suspicious of the possible miss printed max input pwr 150 watts.

Now it may be a little unsafe to be listening to any Klipsch at 250 watts.

Unsafe for your longevity of your ears.

Maybe in an industrial aaaplication in a club or auditorium.

It would have been great to have Klipsch in my high school auditorium in 1977. OOh Baby!

We print the stickers in our own facility rather than have them done by an outside group. We print the stickers on an as-needed basis so the set-up for the printer is changed frequently. It seems we failed to enter the proper power handling number on some of the stickers. This has happened before. Rest assured, the RF-7's handle 250 watts continuous of undistorted power and handle clean peaks at four times that amount.

Thanks BobG, For your prompt response.

Can I have a new sticker? With the correct watts and S/N?

I am exstreamly satisfied with my new RF-7s, and no problem recommending them. In my opinion the RF-7s are worthy of there cost.

TextCan I have a new sticker Please?