Forte II K-25-K drop in replacement

Bellco

Hi Everyone, new to the forum.

I have a pair of Forte IIs, one of which has a blown woofer. I'm looking for a direct drop-in replacement as I am not interested in messing with the cabinets or the crossovers. I'm planning on replacing the woofer in both speakers so they match. So far, I have only found a few options:

K-28 - I've read mixed reviews on these, and at $128 I'm not 100% sold.
Eminence Delta-12LFA - I've read that these are used in Heresy Is, but the impedance in for these are 8ohm while the K-25-K is 4ohm. Will this make a big difference.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Forum!!!! Klipsch recommends the K-28, and it is good.... very, very good. It is a 4 ohm and thus it's a drop in. Contact Bob Crites (BEC) about his replacement woofer for the Heresy which, I would bet would work very well in the Forte. While 8 ohms, it will still work without any issues regarding excessively low impedance. He can also advise on a crossover modification that may be required, if at all.

That's funny you should mention Bob Crites. I emailed a seller on eBay regarding a pair of woofers he had for sale before I made this posting this morning, and it happened to be him. The woofers certainly sound nice, and I'll contact him further.

Another user also PMed me and mentioned that he may have a K-25. That would certainly be a great option.

Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

exactly what was the problem with the old 'bad' K-25??? They are notorious for having the glue (from the port screen?) crumble and bounce around under the dustcap. You can tell this condition if the problem goes away if you play the driver pointed toward the ceiling. You should ALSO be able to shake the driver and hear the 'stuff'. That issue can be fixed as easily as removing the dustcap, shaking out the debris and replacing with a new dustcap. Maybe a DIY project, or maybe NOT ..

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 5:46 PM, Matt Lew said:

I’m looking for a k-25-k replacement for a Forte II speaker.  Anybody?

The K28 in whatever iteration it is on should still be the current drop in replacement per Klipsch... I am unsure of what “mixed reviews” the op was referring to? The K28 is a great driver. Klipsch also sells the current KD-15 as a replacement for the original as well.