How bout a Jubilee top?

• Moderators

And I use to like you, now that I know where you live I am really jealous ! We have been through there many times, it's one of the prettiest parts of the country I have seen, and yes we have been on the Dragon but avoid it when we can after that first trip.

You might think it's one of the "prettiest", but please provide your methods and results for testing this claim. Stick out tongue

My main test was riding in the car ( the wife likes to drive ) doing nothing ( my specialty ) enjoying a beer or whatever relaxes me ( also my specialty ) and driving through some really pretty countryside and saying " I would like to live here", pretty much covers it ! [:o]

Been West a little but more on the East coast, we would like to move to either East Tenn, NC, WV, somewhere NOT flat and not far from a mountain, even north Al and GA was nice. Of course all of this was very scientific in how we got these ideas.

Been West a little but more on the East coast, we would like to move to either East Tenn, NC, WV, somewhere NOT flat and not far from a mountain, even north Al and GA was nice. Of course all of this was very scientific in how we got these ideas.

Dtel,

Give Gainesville, GA a serious look, especially to the north. Lakes, low mountains, fall colors, twisty roads, relatively cheap property, nice sized town .....

I didn't know Einstein, or PWK, but I can prove that 4 = 5.

Math can't always be trusted...

I have enough trouble with proving 1+1=2. Actually I'm sure I couldn't prove that... So how does one prove 4 = 5?

Here's one way:

Theorem: 4 = 5

Proof:

If -20 = -20

Then 16 - 36 = 25 - 45

So 4^2 - 9*4 = 5^2 - 9*5

Therefore 4^2 - 9*4 + 81/4 = 5^2 - 9*5 + 81/4

Since (a-B)^2 = a^2 + b^2 - 2ab

Then (4 - 9/2)^2 = (5 - 9/2)^2

Taking under root of both sides, 4 - 9/2 = 5 - 9/2

And 4 = 5

And I use to like you, now that I know where you live I am really jealous ! We have been through there many times, it's one of the prettiest parts of the country I have seen, and yes we have been on the Dragon but avoid it when we can after that first trip.

You might think it's one of the "prettiest", but please provide your methods and results for testing this claim. Stick out tongue

Well I can guarantee he didn't get this opinion by just listening..Stick out tongue

Nope. By just looking. [:|]

I didn't know Einstein, or PWK, but I can prove that 4 = 5.

I have enough trouble with proving 1+1=2. Actually I'm sure I couldn't prove that... So how does one prove 4 = 5?

Here's one way:

Proof:

If -20 = -20

Then 16 - 36 = 25 - 45

So 4^2 - 9*4 = 5^2 - 9*5

Therefore 4^2 - 9*4 + 81/4 = 5^2 - 9*5 + 81/4

Since (a-B)^2 = a^2 + b^2 - 2ab

Then (4 - 9/2)^2 = (5 - 9/2)^2

Taking under root of both sides, 4 - 9/2 = 5 - 9/2

And 4 = 5

Yea this sounds right to me...![:D]

I can prove that 4 = 5.

Is this the so-called "proof" that you're referring to that makes you not trust math?

Proof:
16 - 36 = 25 - 45
4^2 - 9*4 = 5^2 - 9*5
4^2 - 9*4 + 81/4 = 5^2 - 9*5 + 81/4
(4 - 9/2)^2 = (5 - 9/2)^2
4 - 9/2 = 5 - 9/2
4 = 5
http://vsbabu.org/mt/archives/2003/04/29/funny_math.html 
The problem is the second to last line because the SQRT(X) = +/- X
The second to last line should read:

+/- (4 - 9/2) = +/- (5 - 9/2)

Because +/- (-x) equals +/-(x), then 4 does not equal 5.

"Math can't always be trusted" by those that don't know how to use it properly...the same goes for people that don't know how to use measurements properly.

I can prove that 4 = 5.

Is this the so-called "proof" that you're referring to that makes you not trust math?

Proof:
16 - 36 = 25 - 45
4^2 - 9*4 = 5^2 - 9*5
4^2 - 9*4 + 81/4 = 5^2 - 9*5 + 81/4
(4 - 9/2)^2 = (5 - 9/2)^2
4 - 9/2 = 5 - 9/2
4 = 5
http://vsbabu.org/mt/archives/2003/04/29/funny_math.html 
The problem is the second to last line because the SQRT(X) = +/- X
The second to last line should read:

+/- (4 - 9/2) = +/- (5 - 9/2)

Because +/- (-x) equals +/-(x), then 4 does not equal 5.

"Math can't always be trusted" by those that don't know how to use it properly...the same goes for people that don't know how to use measurements properly.

It was a joke, Mike, or at least a distraction from some of the "negative thread vibes", if you will.We both know that 4 does not equal 5.

I did buy Klipsch for the sound, but also appreciate the rich history of testing, and tweaking, that Klipsch products have undergone. As the industry's methods of testing, and manufacturing changed, or improved, so did the products.

Sounds like a nice Klipsch brochure that you might get with your speakers...

Kidding.

Peace, all.

Mike, you might like this one better:

Let A=4, B=5, and C=1

C=B-A

Multiply both sides by (B-A) to get C(B-A)=(B-A)^2

So CB-CA=B^2-2AB+A^2

Subtract A^2 from both sides to get CB-CA-A^2=B^2-2AB

Add AB to both sides to get AB+CB-CA-A^2=B^2-AB

Subtract CB from both sides to get AB-CA-A^2=B^2-CB-AB

Factor to get A(B-C-A)=B(B-C-A)

Divide both sides by (B-C-A) to get A=B

4=5

Mike, you might like this one better:

C=B-A

Divide both sides by (B-C-A) to get A=B

If C = B-A, then 0 = B-C-A and your last operation is a division by zero which is undefined... [:P]

Btw, my apologies that I didn't catch the joking tone earlier...I'm a bit on edge when it comes to the validity of engineering methods.

I'm a bit on edge when it comes to the validity of engineering methods.

Oooh. An engineer with attitude! An attitude for valid methodolgy. That's a good thing.

Fun stuff. Proof that my math is so very rusty....I'd have had to think a while to remember what was wrong... as one of the best teachers I ever had, Dr Ramon Avila, who I had for a calculus and linear agebra classes in my college days put it so many times: "Mathematics is not a spectator sport..." (I forget the rest). Well I've barely been on the field of math play for probably a couple of decades now. Brilliant and wonderful professor.

Hmmm. Maybe that's the problem with a lot of teaching? The students are merely spectators in class rather than participants?

Sorry I'm late, by a number of years! This is my first post!!!

The internal design of the hartsfield enclosure does not appear to be very similar to the internal drawings of the Jubilee I've seen on this site, though the exterior bears a resemblance. Lets face it, both were designed with a 90 degree corner in mind, both use folding and a pair of exits into the room. Those constraints will drive some commonality, but the similarity appears to end there. The distinctive feature that seems to be the subject of the Hartsfield patent was the "convertable" portion, where an 8 inch driver could be installed into a port of the enclosure, and then replaced with a larger driver in another location when the owner had more money to spend. This apparently was not a very successful option because it was discontinued.

THE BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!! you guys said it would look better with frames inside the top unit so i took off the covers and installed frames. Looks much better! Thanks. Before i shipped them i did my best on testing the cloth and frame and it really didn't work on paper but it looks good. :))

What, no pictures?