Introducing LightSpeaker

Amy

very interesting concept, wonder what it sounds like? (care to offer demos Amy?)

WOW, dimmable, two zone, stereo, up to 8 total speakers (4 pairs) supported.

I checked out the owner's manual and it's brilliant! Can't think of anything they missed in making this as complete a set of instructions as I've ever seen for a product. Great drawings too!

Note to photo director- climbing step ladders in high heels is NOT recommended.

Can the LightSpeaker be installed in an up position as well as a down position as in table lamp vs recessed can light?

Can the LED module be replaced, just because the LED's are rated for 40,000hours does not insure each and every LED will live that long?

Is the LightSpeaker UL damp or wet labeled for exterior use?

I really like the concept and hope this is a great selling product.

• Moderators

Note to photo director- climbing step ladders in high heels is NOT recommended.

I was against that very thing and wanted them to photoshop out the heels. I was out voted. [;)]

It's a neat product and a good shot at getting the Klipsch brand into places and markets it hasn't been before.

I must confess I winced a little when the review(CNET?) refered to Klipsch as a "Headphone Manufacturer" though and hope this and other products, serve as a reminder, that while they make great headphones ( would love some full sized Klipsch cans!) their history and biggest strength continues to be full sized, full sound speakers.

While us Herritage and KP folks aren't giving the company much direct revenue, I'm sure you would all agree, we are the biggest cheerleaders, shouting the name Klipsch and introducing people to the Klipsch sound, city blocks at a time.

Not a product for me, between wireless technology and the price, but always join in celebrating the "next" from Klipsch, even when it is not a in house design, if it is good enough to bear the name and help the company survive and hopefully grow, then I will support it, even if only by telling others about it.

• Moderators

It's a neat product and a good shot at getting the Klipsch brand into places and markets it hasn't been before.

I must confess I winced a little when the review(CNET?) refered to Klipsch as a "Headphone Manufacturer" though and hope this and other products, serve as a reminder, that while they make great headphones ( would love some full sized Klipsch cans!) their history and biggest strength continues to be full sized, full sound speakers.

While us Herritage and KP folks aren't giving the company much direct revenue, I'm sure you would all agree, we are the biggest cheerleaders, shouting the name Klipsch and introducing people to the Klipsch sound, city blocks at a time.

Not a product for me, between wireless technology and the price, but always join in celebrating the "next" from Klipsch, even when it is not a in house design, if it is good enough to bear the name and help the company survive and hopefully grow, then I will support it, even if only by telling others about it.

We certainly appreciate your support! Unfortunately many tech websites, such as CNET, have only been introduced to our gadgety products, the headphones being a huge hit with them. Of course all of our press materials include our history, legacy, and the products we truly excel at building, as those are the heart and soul of this company. Expanding into other markets definitely allows us to keep doing what we love, especially during hard times. Not to mention it helps get our name out there. It always surprises me that so many people have never heard of Klipsch.

• Moderators

That is prety cool.

Are they OK for the bathroom? Looks like one photo has them in there. Just would wonder with the humidity of the shower.

Yes, the have been tested for humidity. They wouldn't faire well outside in the rain, but they stand up to some moisture well.

• Moderators

It's ok.

She was (poorly) photoshopped onto the ladder and most likely was not in any danger of falling.

-Josh

Actually, I'm fairly certain she was really on there. And wearing those shoes. Weird, I know.

o_O

She may have been on the ladder but not in that photo and not in that room.

In the highres version one can clearly see her right knee sticking into the ladder, the cutout around her left hand, and the cutout around the light being inserted into the presumably already filled light socket that has been colored gray.

Just me being picky really.