Kipsch CS-700 accessories

navadog

Not sure if this is the right part of the forums to post this question, so please don't flame me if it isn't.

I just bought a Klipsch CS-700 2.1 home theater system on clearance at Best Buy. I knew it was an openbox item, but the label (their open box items are always labeled and state whether or not their are part missing) did not indicate that there were part missing. When I asked the salesman if the system was complete, he said that it was complete if the label didn't say otherwise.

However, when I got it home and opened it up, it was missing the remote (crap!), antenna (not horrible), and one of the speaker cables/wires (uber crap!). I called the store and they proceeded to tell me that this was a final sale and that I cannot return it and if I have any problems with the system, that I have to go through Klipsch. This is a first for me, and I was pissed off, but after several attempts, I have not been able to get anyone to accept a return or at least order the missing parts for me. Of course the speaker wires/cables for this unit are proprietary and therefore I cannot go to Radioshack and buy 14 gauge speaker wire to use instead. Also, without the remote, accessing the menus will be extremely difficult.

To make things worse, when a DVD is inserted, the head unit simply reads "reading" endlessly and doesn't actually load the disc or play it. I have been told by management at Best Buy that the unit is covered by the standard warranty, and therefore I should be able to resolve this with Klipsch. Unfortunately, but the time I found all this out, Klipsch was closed for business.

While I wait for tomorrow so I can call Klipsch and find out what I should do next, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frustrated

[8o|]

Having a tall glass of bourbon and waiting until tomorrow to call Klipsch is the right way to go. I, too, bought an open-box CS700 from BB and it was complete - we checked the items against the list of items in the owner's manual before I left the store (well, it didn't have the pair of white cotton gloves but I got over that for the price I paid for it).

Hooked it up and found a problem with the Unit Code switch on the woofer module, plus it buzzed when operating, and Klipsch replaced it right away under warranty.