Let's see those garage systems

russ69

It's a little hard to see but here are my Klipsch RF-25s, my Jolida 102 tube integrated on top and a cheap Sony CD/DVD/VCR player. I've got new speaker cables coming soon. Even the garage system needs an upgrade from time to time!. Sorry for you guys in the colder regions, I just had a lovely day hooking up my new HD TV and playing with my little garage rig. Maybe the spring would be a better time to start this thread.

Thanx, Russ

Edit: Revised my stack and added a tuner.

post-25429-13819526354604_thumb.jpg

Here's my bass cabs (use your imagination).

Since I haven't built my first set of bass cabs yet, my guess would be off base and I don't like to be wrong, so can you just tell me what that stack of wood will be when you're done?[^o)] IMO, if you haven't looked into a pocket screw jig yet, you may want to. Great way to build cabinets, and I started using one a few weeks ago and what a time saver without sacrificing the finished joint.

• Moderators

Darn Russ that's a clean garage ! [:|]

Mine is not that fancy or do they have tubes. [:$]

I do some woodworking so I get saw dust everywhere, I use a gas leaf blower to blow it out in to the back yard, that's also how I clean the speakers out there ! OK it don't work all that well as you can see a tiny bit of saw dust on the speakers, [:o] I do keep the Sansui amp clean and the little boom box I use as a FM tuner and CD player.

The speaker are on rollers so they can point in the workshop or out the back, I can also roll them out the shop about 10 feet to point them into the yard. They have handles so we can even put them in the truck to bring outside like for New Years or a party. The neighbors are far away, this is 6 acres.

post-11804-13819526380512_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

What size is that it looks giant on the side of a cd.

What gave you the idea to use peavey, there about 3 hours from here but I didn't think they sold parts. Most of what they sell is commercial so I would think they build some tough speakers.

It's an 18"

Michael Hurd was extremely helpful in my build. He suggested this particular driver based on its sensitivity, power handling and how it modeled. I bought the Peaveys on his recomendation. He also told me what cubic ft the box should displace and what Hz to tune it to. He even went as far to figure out the optimal distance the driver should be from the floor and from the woofer on the speaker. The whole goal of the build was to have a bass bin that would keep up with my KP-250's. I took it from there.

You're absolutely right! Munster Kable wires sometimes give you fuzzy out-of-phase sound. To correct this problem use "coat" (aka clothes) hangers.

Don't forget how important the right wires can be for sound qualityBig Smile