RC-62 vs RC-35 with RF-82 mains

wes8398

I'm peicing together the final parts of my new Klipsch setup and I'm having a really hard time finding an RC-62 for a price I'm willing to pay. A few have popped up on Ebay but the auctions have either been cancelled or someone else has beat me to the punch. I've also been scouring Google for weeks now with no luck.

A fellow forum member that goes by Nezff suggested an RC-35 to me, which I previously didn't even know existed. Looking at the specs, it's a very close match to the RC-62. My concern is, would it work well with my RF-82 mains and RS-42 surrounds? Or should I continue shopping for an RC-62 until I find one I'm willing to pay for?

Thanks in advance.

wes8398, check out this guy and make him an offer.

I paid $120 for one last month, with free shipping. Since im from Canada (dosn't ship across the border) I had it shipped to my aunt's

in LA, and its being shipped to here now. He ended up shipping in 2 days and was at my aunts in 4days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290340323569&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

hahah I wish I would have read this message BEFORE I made my "best offer" but I had already found this auction and put a $145 best offer price and it was accepted. Guess I could have saved a bit more, but oh well. Still a good deal and much less than the RC-62 was going to cost.

hahah I wish I would have read this message BEFORE I made my "best offer" but I had already found this auction and put a $145 best offer price and it was accepted. Guess I could have saved a bit more, but oh well. Still a good deal and much less than the RC-62 was going to cost.

Yah it was still a good deal. I bought one last month and even with shipping to Canada it was only $165, they are selling used from anywhere between $225-300. I almost bought the RC-52 for $400 from a local dealer ( RC-62 was $629) then a fellow member told me about the ebay model.[:D]

As far RC-62 Vs RC-35 the drivers are the same but the RC-62 does have a bigger cabinet. Maybe someone else could chime in about it?

Any time you buy from Ebay, it is considered Used. Thus NO Warranty . Period. Your buying Grey Market Goods.

Yes you pay more from a Dealer, but you get New , In the Box,, with a Warranty.................

Good Luck.

EDIT: Unless your buying from an Authorized Kilpsch dealer, Or Klipsch Ebay online sales..................

I'm sorry but this is absolute BS coming from someone who either doesn't use Ebay much or just plain doesn't use Ebay. I've purchased HUNDREDS of items from Ebay and NEVER have I had a problem with warranties being honoured. Stating that "any time you buy from Ebay it is considered used" is absolutely NOT TRUE. If you're going to state "facts" that you quite simply don't know are "facts" then don't even bother. I don't know what it is about online forums that brings out all these know-it-all's that really don't know squat...

The best evidence of this "store"'s trustworthiness is their feedback. They've sold MANY of these RC-35's and I've yet to read one feedback statement that worries me about the item I just purchased.

Those of you that don't trust Ebay and "stores" or sellers like this one; go ahead and spend the extra money on your peice of mind. I'd prefer to do my research, get comfortable with what I'm buying, and save a few bucks if I'm so inclined.

• Moderators

Wes, not sure why you are getting so defensive. It's your money, you feel comfortable with the seller, and you've done your research. So why take jabs at forum members?

I've purchased HUNDREDS of items from Ebay and NEVER have I had a problem with warranties being honoured.

Just curious, how many items have you had to return for warranty pair? How many of them were Klipsch? Just asking.

Wes, what Bill is trying to say is that it is Klipsh's policy that they will warranty their products if you purchase their products from an Authorized Klipsch Dealer and if you are the original owner. I do not know the seller that you are referring to and whether or not they are an authorized dealer. If they are not, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't buy from them or that they are a bad seller, it just means you have no warranty through Klipsch.

Those of you that don't trust Ebay and "stores" or sellers like this one; go ahead and spend the extra money on your peice of mind. I'd prefer to do my research, get comfortable with what I'm buying, and save a few bucks if I'm so inclined.

Enjoy your new purchase.

Any time you buy from Ebay, it is considered Used. Thus NO Warranty . Period. Your buying Grey Market Goods.

Yes you pay more from a Dealer, but you get New , In the Box,, with a Warranty.................

Good Luck.

Bill,

Would wes8398 have been better off buying used Klipsch speakers? No warranty either. Remember, many of us buy used from C-list,A-gon,Ebay all the time with no warranty. $145.00 plus shipping used or new with or without warranty is still a good price.

Bill

Wes, not sure why you are getting so defensive. It's your money, you feel comfortable with the seller, and you've done your research. So why take jabs at forum members?

I wouldn't call it defensive and I didn't intend to take jabs at anyone. I just have a problem with people "reporting" inaccurate info (see Bill H's post) which other forum members may read and take for gospel, thus losing out on some great opportunities.

Just curious, how many items have you had to return for warranty pair? How many of them were Klipsch? Just asking

Most of my Ebay purchases have been car parts along with a couple cameras and other electronics. Nothing home-theatre related though, so nothing Klipsch. I've had issues with a couple things and never had problems with sellers exchanging the product or refunding me.

• Moderators

Most of my Ebay purchases have been car parts along with a couple cameras and other electronics. Nothing home-theatre related though, so nothing Klipsch. I've had issues with a couple things and never had problems with sellers exchanging the product or refunding me.

Sure, most good seller will do whatever it takes to make sure their customers are satisfied with their purchases. The reason some members place emphasis on buying from an authorized dealer is that if in 6 months, your speaker malfunctions, more than likely, the seller is going to tell you to go through Klipsch since they sold you a new speaker and do not warranty the speaker themselves. When you go to Klipsch, they are going to ask you who you purchased it from and if it was from an unauthorized dealer, you are on your own.

I'm along the lines of willand, there are only a few purchases that I have made for my HT that were brand new but those were purchased from an authorized dealer.

It's all good, I wasn't trying to bust your chops and didn't take offense to your comments, I just wanted to help you see Bill H's perspective. He has been around for quite some time in the forums and has been very helpful to many.

There are several Ebay sellers that sell "New" products for very cheap. Some of these are great deals and some are scams. There are a lot of sellers that may do things to the speakers before they sell them, such as taking parts out of them. This is real reason for the low price. There are some sellers that remove the warranty cards from the box and the serial numbers from the speakers. If a seller does this, there is a chance that there may be something wrong with the speaker. This seller directly states "**Warranty cards have been removed from the boxes**" If you don't think there is a reason that they are removing the warranty cards, then you are ignorant.

I am not saying this in a mean way, I am just trying to give advice. I know these things because of personal experience. Yes, it has happened to me. Don't go off saying bad things about the forum members here because they are very experienced and know what they are talking about.

Good Luck.

No offence taken on my end. The bottom line is that this particular Ebayer has sold a LOT of these speakers and I'm don't think any of those sales resulted in negative feedback. If he was being sketchy about the warranty cards being removed, I don't think he'd be so forth-coming by stating so right in the ad. Removed warranty cards could be for lots of reasons. I have asked him why they're removed, but haven't heard back yet. Curious to hear the answer, for sure. Regardless, if I get the speaker and something seems out of whack with it, I'll return it and get my money back. Hopefully that wont be the case and I'll be just as lucky as the rest of his happy clients.

• 1 year later...

Does anybody know a good place I can buy a Klipsch RC-62? Used preferably because my budget for it is $300 at the most. I've looked on ebay and have been keeping my eye on my local Craigslist ads (Phoenix) for about two months now. One popped up and the guy only wanted $200 for it but it was sold in less than 24 hours. He is selling a Klipsch RW12-D though for only $300 so I'm thinking about that. But my first priority is the center channel.

Sorry to be longwinded but I'm just trying to find an RC-62 to go with my RF-82s. There is a guy I know selling an RC-35 for $225 but if I can get an RC-62 for $300 or less I'd rather do that. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, thanks for the super quick response man. I really appreciate it. Yea I've been reading these forums for quite some time but finally have something to contribute since I got my RF 82s recently. I also just bought the RW-12D for $230 locally so I'm pretty stoked. Now once I lock down a nice center I'll be satisfied for quite some time hopefully. I don't have matching Klipsch rear surrounds but I'm ok with that since they are still decent speakers (Polk RTi A3's). In your opinion do you think I should go with the RC-35 locally for $225 (and he'll let me hear it and test it out first) or buy the RC-62 for $300 from the link you posted?

In your opinion do you think I should go with the RC-35 locally for $225 (and he'll let me hear it and test it out first) or buy the RC-62 for $300 from the link you posted?

Not that the RC-35 for $225.00 locally isn't a good buy, but the crossover frequency in the RC-62 will better match your RF-82's. It has been said that the RC-62 crossover points are smoother than the RC-35's which in turn will better timbre match with your RF-82's.

I say if you can afford another $75.00, get the one that better matches.

Bill

Not to argue with what anyone else has said, but just to give you my opinion... Save yourself the money (if you can) and go with the RC-35. I have had mine paired up with my RF-82's for over a year now and I hear absolutely no issues. The RC-62's frequency response is 57Hz - 23kHz, where the RC-35's is 56Hz - 20kHz. I don't know how much of an audiophile you are, but I'm willing you bet you'd have a hard time telling the difference. Regardless, from my experience, you have nothing to worry about going with an eBay vendor or the like. I can't remember for sure, but I think I got my RC-35 for like $150 from an eBay seller.