RC3 ????

jtubbs6117

I am just fishing here to ask people about the RC3's or other CC they use.My RC3 never seems to do anything other than be a horn. I am running a Nad 925THX on fronts and Center so there is plenty of power but I never see the Drivers move. It could be the independent channel of the movies are setup that way but i just wanted to ask what others get out of their CC's. I really want a RC7 but what is the use to spend the money if you get the same result? On my Sony Es unit my CC is set as a large which means bass signals are sent to the CC not the sub. Guys tell what you think. Thank you all for your time.

Jeff

I was just making sure they were connected properly. If they weren't I can see where you'd only be getting sound from the horn instead of the woofers.

Like you mentioned in your first post, the sound mix of a center channel on a 5.1, 6.1, etc. movie doesn't usually include a lot of bass information.

I really want a RC7 but what is the use to spend the money if you get the same result?

Hey Jeff. What are your front speakers? I have an RC-7 and RF-63's and run my front 3 on "large" and it really helped out the midrange. I have my sub crossed over at 60 and I can tell you that it get's a pretty good workout during movies. I can see both of the drivers moving. But, you also have to remember the RC-3 has 2- 6" drivers compared to 2- 8" on the RC-7. The RC-7 is whole different beast than the RC-3..