*** Chorus II's!

Bonzo

OK, so I bought a pair of Chorus II's form Monty (Montigue231)! Once again, another great transaction from a great guy! So, I hooked them up and am currently doing an A/B with the La Scala's on my old Sansui G-7500. I have to say the bass response of the CII's is deeper and tighter. The LS have a more open mid-range and throws a huge sound stage, maybe too big for my room? It is a bit unfair as I have Bob's crossovers, tweeters and new Atlas mid drivers while the CII's are box stock. Just switched the CII's to the Sherwood tube receiver and, WOW, amazing sound! Again, not as open as the LS but very impressive! Damn Chours II's, now I have to re-think my system, again!

Hey Bonzo,

Chorus II's are the real deal. Congrats on joining the club. You can throw a variety of gear at them and they always seem to shine.

20 years running and still enjoying the sound of the Chorus II.

Yeah that pro K-48 combined with the passive makes for one tight woofer.

Do upgrade the xovers on the Chorus 2's for best results, they will not have the pinpoint soundstage of the LaScala but are a dam good sounding speaker without taking up the whole room.

I would love to hear a pair or Chorus 2's fitted with a K55 or better midrange, i just love the lows they belt out, so tight and snappy with no sign of muddiness.

I love my Chorus IIs.........just popped in TI diaphragms and have new BEC caps but have yet to build the new x-over boards.

Klipsch still sells all the drivers for them except the mids. But they have replacement mid diaphragms for $29.84 ea + shipping and sales tax if it applies.

I shock everyone by connecting them to my Ipod thru the 15 watt Dayton class T amp. Efficiency rules. They sound amazing!

Perfect size..... not too wide. I did have to remove the base to keep them from over-towering my entertainment console.

Welcome to the Chorus II club!

With 1000 watts handling I doubt they ever get over driven.

I just don't understand why they don't use the K48s in all their 15" speakers???

Enjoy!

They are certainly more room friendly than the La Scala's, take up alot less realestate. I just feel the LS's want a bigger room to really shine. My "man room" is a semi-converted 1 car garage. Speakers are on an 11' wall, 22' to the roll up door, 10' ceiling. It's pretty alive with a concrete floor that I have a large throw rug on. The CII's do not have that wide open mid-range of the LS but, for me, the tighter/deeper bass does compensate some for that. Being a drummer, I do like the kick drums to kick! Got to replace the plastic diaphragms in the tweeters soon. Kinda painful at times with the SS Sansui, better with the tubes but they still have to go! So far, I am very impressed.