Another Thread about the Anti-Cables

Ocnorb

For $50/foot, you might as well called it voodoo science.

This sounds like a fellow that hasn't ever tried any "high bucks" cables. I at least have tried some "high" buck cables. It sounds like you have a limit on what you will spend for sound. At least I can argue the cost per improvement ratio and make a value decision. By the way neo33, did you send me that 10 foot pair of coat hanger wires to evaluate yet? The price sounds right but do they perform?

Thanx, Russ

P.S. I'm going to stand by my original claim, people don't use quality cables because, they are too cheap, their system doesn't resolve the differences or they have never tried them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really should not have sold Jim (Ocnorb) those La Scala's. When I met him he seemed like a nice normal music luvin Guy. Now since becoming part of this forum he has turned into a monster ( is an Ogre a monster?) and is now trying to corrupt the rest of us....Shame on you Jim....Wink

PS.Jim...if you want me to save you from yourself I will happily come and take those La Scala's back, I have a nice pair of Bo$e speakers to replace them....

You are a Good Man Oldenough!!!!!

Dennie

Hey Russ, what's up?

Actually, you're wrong. All of my so called high-end speaker cables are sitting in my cabinet collecting dust. I can't tell any significant different in a blind test between my Monster Z3 Reference ($299 per 10-feet pair), MIT Shotgun S3 ($1,199 per 8-feet pair) and Radio Shack 14 AWG spearker cables ($55 per 24-feet pair).

Now, about the coat hangers test...you come to my place with your best speaker cables and I will administer the blind test between my coat hanger wires and your speaker cables...and you will tell me which is your cables and which is my coat hanger wires. What's the point of I am sending you my coat hanger wires for you to evaluate?

This sounds like a fellow that hasn't ever tried any "high bucks" cables. I at least have tried some "high" buck cables. It sounds like you have a limit on what you will spend for sound. At least I can argue the cost per improvement ratio and make a value decision. By the way neo33, did you send me that 10 foot pair of coat hanger wires to evaluate yet? The price sounds right but do they perform?

Thanx, Russ

I really should not have sold Jim (Ocnorb) those La Scala's. When I met him he seemed like a nice normal music luvin Guy. Now since becoming part of this forum he has turned into a monster ( is an Ogre a monster?) and is now trying to corrupt the rest of us....Shame on you Jim....Wink

PS.Jim...if you want me to save you from yourself I will happily come and take those La Scala's back, I have a nice pair of Bo$e speakers to replace them....

You are a Good Man Oldenough!!!!!

Dennie

Thank you Dennie, I try hard to do the best I can in life....and if that means making a sacrifice for a fellow forum member....well I'm sure you catch my drift dude...[:D]

I believe the original question was "So Russ, are you up for a blind test between your AudioQuest Type 4 wires and my "coat" hanger wires?"

Which mean I am chalenge you to a blind test to see if you can identify between your best speaker cables and coat hanger wires. And you're asking me to send coat hanger wires to you so you can listen in your own system? I am pretty sure you can find a few coat hangers in you closet to make wires out of.

What's the point of I am sending you my coat hanger wires for you to evaluate?

So I can listen to them in my own known system, duh!

Thanx, Russ

I believe the original question was "So Russ, are you up for a blind test between your AudioQuest Type 4 wires and my "coat" hanger wires?"

Yes, yes, yes. I just want to hear them in my familiar system so I can identify their sonic signature and thus be able to distinguish the difference easily. It will be a blind test, what's the difference if it happens on my system, in my room?

I am pretty sure you can find a few coat hangers in you closet to make wires out of.

Sorry, NO MORE WIRE HANGERS! I can't borrow yours?

Thanx, Russ

You can do in your room on your system if you promise not to peek. [;)]

It will be a blind test, what's the difference if it happens on my system, in my room?

I ran out of metal hangers myself. Would you care for wood hangers or maybe plastic hangers? [:D]

Sorry, NO MORE WIRE HANGERS! I can't borrow yours?

• 1 year later...