Why I own 3 1995 4 cyl Camry Wagons

tuned4life

Believe it or not I was able to pick up my k horns with the back seat folded down. Both Bass bins fit side by side width wise with 1/4 inch clearance between wheel wells. One top hat in the back behind bass bins, the other in front passanger seat. I needed help loading and unloading the k horns. I custum cut cardboard backed styrofoam with handles so I could slde them in and pull them out. I can load and unload Lascalas and Cornwalls with no help.

So I have to ask............noticed your selling your K-Horns..............is this to help Finance a Newer Car ?

Not looking for a car. We have a pristine low milage 95 Camry wagon that will last us as long as we need a car. It's a rust free California car that we only drive in the summer. I listed the K horns because I am going to have to move them eventually. The plan is to sell our cabin and build a new one. We have a corner parcel of land accessable from 2 differant roads. We will keep the back 12 acres. There is a beautiful spot to build. Completely secluded, High ground with a spectacular view that you can see for miles. Mature trees. Black Cherry, Hard Maple, Oak, and Beech. Deep ravine with trout steam and water falls. I am going to build it myself or die trying. I have had the beech logs cut and stacked for 3 years so I am ready to go.. Will have to put in electric and 1900 foot driveway. With a worn out back, torn rotor cups, heart condition and bad lungs it will be painfully slow. I am trying not to get to excited. Every thing depends on if we can sell our cabin. We paid off our morgage 5 years ago. At my age I am not going to go into debt. Being retired has it's up side but all the glitter isn't gold. Unlike a steady job, projects always get finished. I can relate to what Neil Young said. " I wanted to get done but not be done".

Just to clarify. The Camry wagon with 509,000 miles belongs to my brother in law. He is a traveling salesman. He covers New Mexico, and west Texas. I was a die hard Chevy man until He converted me back in 1999. He also sold me on Amsoil synthetic motor oil and filters. That 4 cyl. engine is still running strong. It has never been torn down. Only routine timing belt replacement every 70,000. At 509,000 it is using a little oil between changes and shifts a little slow when cold. My brother in law is fanatical about gas milage. The amsoil 0-30 synthetic oil increases gas milage by 2 miles per gallon. At 70 mph I get 33 mpg with my Camry 2.2 4 cyl wagons. I have owned 7 Camry wagons. In 10 years all of them have started everytime and never left me stranded. I retire them when at 300,000 or when I hit a deer, which ever comes first.

I own two Lexus ES 300 in the last 17 years. I just retire my second one a few months ago. Each had about 250K. On the average, I get about 32 MPG. I drive freeway for the most part. Each year I drive about 30,000 miles. I now drive a Highlander Hybrid. Within the first month, I put 5,000 miles on it. It averages about 34 MPG. Toyota forever!

I'm also a Toyota driver, got sold in the late '80s and have been driving them since the mid '90s. Also a HUGE fan of synthetic lubricants to extend the life that much more. Anything that works that well and is that necessary cannot be ignored (I am a hard core Klipsch Heritage-a-holic, after all) - I tried many others and quit changing brands when I quit having service problems. Toyota is very good at what they do.....

I was a valet parker in the early 1990's and even though drove old muscle cars, I always loved the "new" Lexus LS400's (the full sized model).

I bought a package deal about 5 years ago from an old man that included a Lexus LS400 with 40,000 original miles and a Toyota Spyder with 5,000 miles for my wife. My Lexus just hit 100,000 and still looks like new. When the market was booming and everyone was using their equity to buy everything in site people would ask me why I didn't just buy a new one. Then if they ride with me they always comment on how nice it is.

I can't wait until it is 25 years old and technically an "antique." I have owned several muscle cars, Corvettes and Jaguars and this is by far the best car that I have ever owned. If it ever got wrecked I would go out and find another one just like it, maybe "upgrade" to a 2000 vintage but I don't know...

I do all of the maintenance, including using the Toyota radiator fluid. Flush the brake system, power steering, rear differential and transmission regularly. I also use symthetic oil.

I know that it is silly, but I am 41 years old and every time I get into this car I think of how nice it is. Funny thing is that I also have a Ford Ranger from about the same year with 80,000 original miles on it. Same story, I bought it from an old man with really low miles. The Ranger is iin great shape but just not the same, it feels clunky while the Lexus still feels like a really solid luxury car.