Any one have any thoughts on 3d movies using a ir emitter connected to your tv?

archman99

I noticed in my owners manual on my Samsung HL67A750A1FXZA , that you can hook a IR emitter to it and watch 3d movies and games. I was wondering first what you need to buy to do this, and second If you think its worth all the trouble. There are not many 3d movies, and I am not a gamer.

any thoughts?????

Arch

Avitar being out is what got me thinking of the 3D aspect too.

After reading the Samsung link, I am still kind of foggy on how it works, mainly... Who do you have to use a PC? Do you use the PC to play the DVD? or Can you use a PS3? I think I will call Samsung support tomorow.

Thanks for the info

I'm not too sure either, but I think that there are two pieces to the puzzle: 1. Hardware (Glasses emitter) 2. Software (Drivers, renderer's, etc).

The Samsung manual only shows how to configure a PC for 3D playback but there must be other ways.

If there is a way to install a software program (Which comes with the starter pack referenced on the above mentioned URL) on the PS3 I think we will be in business.

Sony will probably or may already have, something in the works for 3D playback.

Please share what you find out after you speak to Samsung.

Thanks

JJ

I talked with the 2nd level Tech Support, He knew as much about it as I did. So, we went the information on the Samsung website together. He thought that people have used regular dvd players connected to the tv to get 3D(not using the PC) But, he didn't know for sure.. He really was not much help, and I ran out of patience with him. He did say that they do not get many calls on 3D. Its just not popular.

I am going to pass on this for now. The deal breaker was, that on the starter kits website. It said it is not BlueRay compatible.

If I do any more research, I will add it to this thread.

They offer a DDD 3-D DLP Starter Pack.

The 3-D DLP® Starter Pack includes: $199.00

• 2 pairs of wireless 3-D glasses
  • 1 wireless 3-D transmitter
  • TriDef 3-D Experience software:
    • Watch any 2-D DVD in 3-D
    • View 2-D media files in 3-D
    • Enjoy 3-D photo & video content
    • See Google Earth in 3-D
    • Play a PC game in 3-D
  • Links to purchase the latest 3-D content