Awesome Experience- AVATAR 3D !

Bill H.

Went to see the movie AVATAR in 3D........................This was in a Regal Theater that uses Klipsch Speakers. The Movie in this New 3D format is an Awesome Experience.

Well worth the time and Money for all the Visual and audio Experience ! I want to go back again just to see the Scenery , colors and sound !

A truly edge of your Seat experience ![Y]

I wonder why I wasn't that impressed with it? Sure, I thought the 3D effects were cool, at times, but, overall I thought it was an average movie. I would go see it again just to make sure I didn't miss something but I don't want to spend the $30 bucks to do so.

Went to see the movie AVATAR in 3D........................This was in a Regal Theater that uses Klipsch Speakers. The Movie in this New 3D format is an Awesome Experience.

Well worth the time and Money for all the Visual and audio Experience ! I want to go back again just to see the Scenery , colors and sound !

A truly edge of your Seat experience !Yes

It reminded me a lot of the Aztec, Mayan experience with the Spaniards. A lot of cliché moments in the film but with the Klipsch surround system still worth the price of the ticket. I enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Well, I'm a little late to the party cause I tend to wait till they come out on bluray and watch them at home in the theater room. I was very impressed with Avatar. I disagree with the plot, storyline etc. Although there were not any major plot twists, it was still a great story of courage, honor and doing what is right. Both the sound and PQ were outstanding. Another great demo for HT.

Well, I'm a little late to the party cause I tend to wait till they come out on bluray and watch them at home in the theater room. I was very impressed with Avatar. I disagree with the plot, storyline etc. Although there were not any major plot twists, it was still a great story of courage, honor and doing what is right. Both the sound and PQ were outstanding. Another great demo for HT.

Dude you need to go see it in the theater in 3D that's the biggest "claim to fame" about this movie is the 3D animation. I know your home theater is amazing but you can't replicate the 3D effect on your projection screen. Seriously, this is the one movie I'd say drop the money on, take the family and go see it while you can. It's AMAZING!

• Moderators

Unfortunately, due to the language, I won't be taking my children to see it. My son is 11 so I let him watch it with me but my daughters are too young. Sad because without the language, it would have been a great family movie.

Unfortunately, due to the language, I won't be taking my children to see it. My son is 11 so I let him watch it with me but my daughters are too young. Sad because without the language, it would have been a great family movie.

Sounds like you're an awesome dad.[Y] You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how many parents just don't care.

Sounds like you're an awesome dad.Yes You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at how many parents just don't care.

I second that - there is also some sexual scenes in there not suitable for young children. Thing is, from a purely visual standpoint, you'll never be able to replicate the experience at home. Too bad you can't get a babysitter for the night and go see it, I honestly think you'd really appreciate it and love it. But oh well there ARE more important things in life [Y]

i'm with youthman, I wait for things to come out on blu ray. I thought the movie was good overall. The video was incredible albeit not 3d, it was still great. Audio, nothing impressive but still great. I will, I've watched it twice since getting thursday. I thought the plot was good no twist but the overall storyline was good I thought.

the movie was a combination of surrogates meets the matrix, and jake sully was Neo.

we tried to see it in 3d with little luck.

A truly edge of your Seat experience !Yes

What Klipsch are they using?

Anybody try Avatar in their own HT? Does it rank up there with Terminator Salvation and This Is It?

Youthman and i have, minus the 3d experience I think it ranks up there with the best in terms of av quality. There's not the LFE that's in iron man, terminator salvation , have'nt seen this is it.

Video is top notch by all means. Audio quality ranks up there with the blu ray concerts I have, everything is crisp and clear with some great action scenes. Dialogue is deep and top notch as well.

• Moderators

There's not the LFE that's in iron man, terminator salvation

I haven't seen Terminator Salvation but I own IronMan and I thought Avater had very good LFE. Maybe it's just me but my wife came in twice to ask me to turn it down.

It is awesome here in my HT. hehehehehe

106" screen and a great soundtrack it is just amazing.... Visually a 10... Sound a 9. Why you ask? I expected more LFE, That said... sound placement is a 10+++. Amazing, get it on Blu Ray for sure, and drool! Even if not 3D. LOL

i enjoyed avatar less at home. In imax 3d the CGI was unnoticeable and blended well. At home by the end of the movie i was ready for a movie with more real elements. Visually stunning and some great sound but nothing i would want to continually watch. IMHO District 9 was alot better (maybe not a equal comparison) even for some action elements. I recommend Avatar 3d just so you guys can see what your theater cand do!