Thank you for such a warm welcome!

Matthews

Hello there friends, I am excited about interacting with some fellow Klipschers. I made a bit of a rocky start here and am looking forward to some growth. Anyhow, my very first pair of Klipsch were a pair of RB-61's. From that very moment I was absolutely in love with what I had discovered. I had never heard such wonderful sound come from such a small source. At that time I was powering with a Onkyo do it all reciever. I have graduated a bit since then. They had a pair of RF-7's in the showroom of my local audio shop (D&M Sound). I threw in some Deep Purple and it was all over. Had to have them... Next, the Onkyo had to go. Graduated again to an Adcom 5400 amp and 502 controller. WOW!!! And so my adventure continues. Last night I pick up a vintage Yamaha M-80 on e-bay, pristine condition (well, we will see). All the reviews I have read are saying good things about the M-80. So now, it is going to be a long 10 days or so waiting for my new toy to arrive. Again, thanks for being here.

Klipsch Newbee, Matt

Hey Matt, Welcome Again! We really are glad you're here, as you've read.

Man, this is going to be the longest 10 days of your life!!!! [:S]

I suggest that you pick out some of your favorite music and give it a serious listening to! Get to know it intimately, play it again and again! Then when the "Yami" get's here. You will hear every nuance that you missed with the old gear!! [:P] I've heard good things about it also. [Y]

Now, moments of anxiety and dizziness are normal through this 10 day period. We will be here for you! [{]

Drink plenty of liquids and don't forget to eat! LOL

Log on when you need us.....we'll leave a light on for you![;)]

Dennie

• Moderators

Matt,

In case you missed it.....this is a great group of folks....some of the nicest people you are ever going to meet.

I am so glad you decided to come back and visit with us again.....we will "grow" on you.....just realize.....some of us are "old and slow".....but given time you will get some answers....if not....just jump up and down and scream until someone pays attention.....some of us are also a little "deaf".

Anyway....welcome and enjoy your visit.

bearjump.gif

but given time you will get some answers....if not....just jump up and down and scream until someone pays attention.....some of us are also a little "deaf".

That is EXACTLY how I hurt my back.

• Moderators

Matt,

Be careful!!! the more you like it, the worse it gets and the mo' bigger you will need!!!

Klipsch OCD Consultation and Back Injury Therapy Rates available for a discount to Forum Members!!! Cool

Groomy,

You have to quit "hustling" the new forum members......it's not the forum friendly thing to do![;)]

Hello there Grumpy! my view on cables? Well, I would have to say I prefer to use a cable as opposed to chains. A chain can be very cumbersome and difficult to operated in extreme conditions. Also, a cable seems to be a little more forgiving. I suppose it just depends on what you are trying to move... [:)]

Hello there Grumpy! my view on cables? Well, I would have to say I prefer to use a cable as opposed to chains. A chain can be very cumbersome and difficult to operated in extreme conditions. Also, a cable seems to be a little more forgiving. I suppose it just depends on what you are trying to move... Smile

I think you're going to fit in around here just fine!!! [Y] [;)]

Dennie

Funny, that is also my view on cable! [:D]

Hello there Grumpy! my view on cables? Well, I would have to say I prefer to use a cable as opposed to chains. A chain can be very cumbersome and difficult to operated in extreme conditions. Also, a cable seems to be a little more forgiving. I suppose it just depends on what you are trying to move... Smile

• Moderators

Welcome to the Klipsch family, but sorry for your wallet! This board has already cost me quite a chunk of change, to say nothing of what Bottlehead has gotten from me this last year. Forum members can be quite convincing, so be wary!

Only 88 posts and "this board" has already cost you quite a chunk of change.....you have no idea.....[;)]

Welcome to the Klipsch family, but sorry for your wallet! This board has already cost me quite a chunk of change, to say nothing of what Bottlehead has gotten from me this last year. Forum members can be quite convincing, so be wary!

Only 88 posts and "this board" has already cost you quite a chunk of change.....you have no idea.....Wink

I can only imagine how much money I'll have spent by the time I get up to 1000 posts! I already find myself looking in various rooms and thinking "I wonder if I could use some speakers in there...."