I'm disappointed

dtel's wife

My thought were that the Saints defense was guilty of many late, dirty, High/low hits on Farve where the intention was to injure him and remove him from the game.

I cant imagine the commissioner not sending out a healthy fine to the defensive player for the hit below the knees. I still think it will happen.

Yesterday the NFL VP of Officiating stated that the game officials missed some penalty calls for hitting the QB's by both the Saints AND the Colts. (From PFT.com) So it's still possible that fines may be forthcoming.

"Pereira admits missed calls in championship games"

"Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez both took hits during Sunday's conference championship games that should have resulted in penalties but were not flagged, NFL V.P. of officiating Mike Pereira says."

"They're missed calls," Pereira said during his "Official Review" segment on NFL Total Access.

"On a Favre interception against the Saints,
Remi Ayodele hit Favre high while Bobby McCray hit him low, and Pereira said McCray should have been flagged for getting Favre in the lower leg."

"It is the kind of hit that we want called because, clearly, we're trying to protect the knees," Pereira said.

"Pereira also said Colts defensive back
Melvin Bullitt should have been flagged for drilling Sanchez well after Sanchez had handed the ball off."

"Jets coach Rex Ryan referred to Bullitt's hit as a "
cheap shot," while Clark Judge of CBS Sports has referred to the failure to flag McCray as the game's "low moment." It probably isn't much consolation to Jets and Vikings fans now, but Pereira admits the flags should have been thrown."

Thankyou. I knew it was a missed call and a bad hit. It does happen all the time and it should be called. It doesn't matter to me if its the team I'm rooting for or not a late hit or a dirty hit and a no call or no fine is just not right. Looks like they are going to make it right.

That low hit did hurt Farves ankle and I believe it did play a role in the outcome of the game. But the 6 fumbles 3 lost and the idiotic 12 men in the huddle with 19 seconds left in regulation played a bigger role to me than the interception. What it did was put a hurt quarterback in desperation mode. I dont care who would of been at quarterback that was a disaster waiting to happen.

One thing this will do. It will force the refs to be even more cautious in the Superbowl.

Good luck to both teams for a safe and good game.

Go Colts!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully your ears are better than your eyes. Thats a cheap shot no matter who the teams are. But hey I'm just a dumb spectator dont let me get you all worked up.

Would you like a little bread and cheese to go with your whine? C'mon now, the defenders are supposed to go after the QB. The fact that they got to him says only one thing - the Viking's offensive line didn't block them.

Well hopefully your ears are better than your eyes. Thats a cheap shot no matter who the teams are. But hey I'm just a dumb spectator dont let me get you all worked up.

Would you like a little bread and cheese to go with your whine? C'mon now, the defenders are supposed to go after the QB. The fact that they got to him says only one thing - the Viking's offensive line didn't block them.

Pour me a glass. It was a cheap shot and it looks like they will finally get it right. I have no problem with a quarterback getting sacked and if the line doesnt protect and if he just stands in there who knows what can happen. But we both know the play I'm talking about with the one defender up high and then the other coming in and taking out his legs. Its the guy who took out his legs that should be in trouble. It actually should be more than a fine that was with intent to take out his legs. One game suspension sounds fair.

.......... Its the guy who took out his legs that should be in trouble. It actually should be more than a fine that was with intent to take out his legs. One game suspension sounds fair.

I think you're reaching a bit now. If the two players that hit Favre on that play had wanted to "take out his legs", his legs would have been broken at the end of that play. You can count on it.

.......... Its the guy who took out his legs that should be in trouble. It actually should be more than a fine that was with intent to take out his legs. One game suspension sounds fair.

I think you're reaching a bit now. If the two players that hit Favre on that play had wanted to "take out his legs", his legs would have been broken at the end of that play. You can count on it.

Well have we gotten the xray results back yet? But I will say this. Brett Farve is one tough dude. He doesn't have all those consecutive starts for all those years because he cant take a hit. Brett is the one out front blocking for his running backs. Hes the one diving into the pile to get the loose ball. Had Tom Brady been hit like that he would of been out another full year.

As far as the one game suspension remark you know I'm a Colts fan right? [:D]

. . . As far as the one game suspension remark you know I'm a Colts fan right? Big Smile

Well then in that case . . .

Count

On

Losing

To

Saints

[:D]

And know that the Saints aren't gonna be trying to intentionally injure Archie's son (Peyton), but they're certainly not gonna treat him with kid gloves either. They're gonna be trying to the best of their ability to get him a bit rattled, and maybe to make a mistake or two. [*-)]

I think it is just the female reporter, here she is... shoving a mic in your face... seeming to have "empathy" to you with such "hard hitting" questions to the losing side...like "How does it feel?" "Bret, how does it feel to lose a big one like this, and have to go home losers .. disappointed?"

This taken from a comedian on the radio this am... Had me laughing too..... Always a bit of truth in rants like this. LOL

What Bret or any Quarterback would say if he could too.. hahahahahaha

Look you !@^%##&(#@ I just lost my last game, maybe of my career, shut the !@&^!$!* up. Your seriously asking me how I feel? Now? Just let me go to the locker room shower and get out of here! How does it feel? You never played this game, if it wasn't for your big chest, huge teeth, and who you slept with to get this job..... Did you honestly go to college or grad school to come up with a "tough question" like "How does it feel?" Why are you down here anyway on the field? This is a mans game!!!! I mean face it, you never played the football... How would you even have a clue what 11 guys go through on that field to try and win.... Go back home, pop some babies out, and eat chocolate bob bons with Doritos guzzling your diet pepsi while watching Oprah or Jerry Springer... How do I feel? Ask my wife who has already spent my paycheck and the 40 relatives I paid to see the game tonight? How do I feel???

Had me laughing too...

Instead it is so sterile.. Something like.... "We gave everything we could tonight. I guess we just came up short. They (insert Saints or any team) played a good game, and will be tough in the Superbowl. I wanna thank the Vikings organization and the Fans too, they are the best too! ((Possible tears or raise your hand)) I will go home with my family and see about next year after I have some time to think about it. " Then Favre walks away....

What do you really want him to say? Who Dat kicked my arse? The Saints did!

BTW.... Go COLTS!!! hehehehehe

One last thing too.......

One thing true in pro sports that ruins everything your taught as a kid...

It has nothing to do about "It's not if you win or lose..... It's how you played the game." Or if you gave it your best shot, and came up losing?

It IS about winning... period. And were teaching that now to our kids too.. Win, at all costs.The Superbowl win is the only thing that matters.

And if the Colts, by resting players this year the last 2 games, did not prove this theory 100%.. well your blind.

Winning the Superbowl IS everything .... period!

Go COLTS!

My thought were that the Saints defense was guilty of many late, dirty, High/low hits on Farve where the intention was to injure him and remove him from the game.

I cant imagine the commissioner not sending out a healthy fine to the defensive player for the hit below the knees. I still think it will happen.

I got that one right. Bobby McCray fined 20,000 dollars for 2 bad hits on Farve. The low hit on his legs and the hit after he handed the ball off. He is the same guy who laid into Kurt Warner the week before basically taking him out of the game. This guy is a train wreck and I'm sure they will be watching him closely. Don't get me wrong the NFL is a contact sport and hitting is part of the game. But your lying to yourselves if you didn't think this guy and his hits were way over the top. Win at all costs? I don't think so.

Disappointed is becoming an understatement.

The fines are really pocket change and don't mean a thing. Like telling your kid to stand in the corner.

JJK

But its justice and the only kind your going to get in professional sports and I feel good with the punishment. I really wouldn't of wanted to see him tossed for the rest of the season. He was pulled out for everyone to see he was a dumba$$ and didnt get away with it. Lets just hope for his sake Farve and Warner aren't like Marvin Harrison if you get my drift. So lets just leave it at that and enjoy the Superbowl.