Klipsch crossovers

Bacek

On 12/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, efzauner said:

The tweeter is connected out of phase.

I've noticed that on other schematics as well.  I believe that when I asked about it I was told that they need to be out of phase electrically to be in phase acoustically.

• 4 weeks later...

This paper project started in an effort to get larger images of some of the schematics on the KHorn, LaScala, and Belle already posted.  As you might know, Klipsch doesn't release schematics for crossovers presently in production.  So I'm calling this "recent" rather than "current."

Then the project expanded to making comparisons between the similar sections on each model.

As you'll see, the tweeter sections are identical on all three.  Other sections vary from each other.

It is disappointing I can't get a better print of the KHorn schematic.  The document could use some touching up but I've delayed posting it long enough.

WMcD

A comparison of recent crossover circuits for KHorn LaScala and Belle.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2013 at 2:18 PM, Deang said:

AA & AL-3

post-1106-0-43260000-1384546708_thumb.jp

post-1106-0-53780000-1384546769_thumb.jp

For 78 Khorns with Crites tweeters...do I keep the Zener network? Need to build a basic AA from parts I have.

Rick

Edited by Cody_Mack
Additions

1 hour ago, wdecho said:

Carl is correct, not needed. Just build the A network instead using less parts same results with those tweeters. 

Now that you say that, the Type A is exactly what I have in there now. I am not liking the way it sounds; can't get any serious bass, and the mids and highs are just so-so. The network was built by a reputable member of this Forum. Not sure of the motor-run capacitors, but he said he prefers them. For the mid cap it is a motor-run 3uF paralleled with a 10uF Sprague. I know, I know, I should contact him!

Rick

Type A.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, CECAA850 said:

Looks like a loose wire by the terminal strip.

I've used motor run and ballast start caps like those and like them.

Not a loose wire, but a spare wire, connected on the other end to Tap 4 on the autoformer. The squawker is currently connected to Tap 3.

So it appears the crossover is correct, or at least close, for this setup using Crites tweeters. Bob suggested I go with the A/4500 crossover. Looks like he has added an inductor in the signal path of the squawker, and changed the tweeter cap value as well.

Rick

• 2 months later...

Hello! 

I'm looking for RF-7 II crossover schema.

I've found here the attached schema, but it doesn't match with the components that I've seen:

Tweeter: L1 = 1.5 mH, L2 = 0.65 mH, L3 = ??; R = 39 Ohm (x2); C = 5.6 uF, C2 = ??, C3 = ?? 

Woofers: L1 = 0.75 mH; C = 18 uF; R = 1 Ohm.

Anyone has the schema?

Regards, Danilo

rf-7 crossover copy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what the 0.51mH, 4.5Ohm LR network across the tweeter in the RP-260F crossover above is doing? Is this actually a 4th order xo or is something else going on here? This is my drawing from another thread. I extracted it from my speakers this morning.

Thanks,

Rich

Note regarding the RP-260F crossover posted above.

I want to point out that I could not actually see the connections of the wires at the tweeter terminals inside the box, so I cannot say for sure if the HF positive crossover output actually goes to the positive terminal on the tweeter or if Klipsch reversed it. The polarities labeled in the drawing are those stamped on the crossover board itself.

Btw, here is a picture. The skinny black wires on the HF Out are from my temporary L-pad experiment. The original Klipsch wires are like the thick black one next to it.

IMG_2368.JPG

WOULD LIKE A SCHIEMATIC FOR THE RF-52, LOOKING TO UPGRADE COMPONENTS  ARE THE CAP VALUES ON THE CAPS I DO SEE THE KILPSCH NAME ON THEM IN SOME PICS BUT NOTHING ELSE THANKS PAUL

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. New guy here. Well, an old new guy. Back in 1977, I bought the Speakerlab 3-way driver set which, I think, is the same stuff inside the K-horn. Recently, I started getting brapping noises out of the starboard squawker, and when I swapped it with the port side, the brapping STILL comes from the starboard side. I have the drivers in large bass reflex cabinets and the sound is magnificent. What I'm wondering is: Since the brapping stays on the same side after I switched the squawkers, could there be something wrong with the crossover?

I have the schematics for the crossovers, and can affix them here, altho I see the file exceeds 2 MB.

I'm presently driving four channels with a Yamaha HTR-4065, and the brapping is only when I push it with stuff like Mahler or Stravinsky.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by ChatsworthMike
misspelled them as theme, fixed two typoflubs

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2013 at 12:14 AM, mustang guy said:

The links in this thread for the following schematics are dead:

Cornwall II
Chorus I
KLF-30
AA
AL-3
Type C
Type D
T2A
RF-62 II

Is there anybody who can post those so the thread can be repaired?

RF7 as well

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2013 at 1:09 AM, STL said:

gallery_299_34_63980.jpg

This what you are looking for?

are you sure this crossover is A KP .3.6-A     which is also used on a KP -362 - here is the picture of the crossover -do you see that the schematic matches -

kp 362 XO.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• 4 weeks later...