Klipsch crossovers

Bacek

Hello, I'm rebuiding my Klipsch RF52II crossovers with Jantzen Caps and Air Core Inductors.

Does anyone know the DCR values of the two original inductor coils?

The original Mid/Woofer Inductor is iron cored, so I can't just measure the wire guage (new Inductor will be air core).

Any help would be great.

Wayne. New Zealand.

• 1 month later...

Here is the T-4000/5000 xover. Very similar to HII but uses 47 uf on woofer leg instead of 68 uf and 1 uf on mid versus 1.5uf on HII mid and the mid and tweeter polarities are switched.

Tangent T 5000  from Bob Crites

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of Klipsch Quartets that I upgraded to titanium mids and highs. Big difference over the stock phenolic. Now I am considering new Crites crossovers with Sonicaps. The other option is much costlier. New Dean G or ALK networks.

I mostly listen at moderate volume levels and rarely reference levels. Considering the titanium mids and highs were very reasonable priced and new Crites crossovers can be had for a fair price I'm thinking of going that route and calling it a day. Just wondering if any one else has upgraded their heritage speakers with the Dean G crossovers and if there is a night and day difference between them and the Crites networks. I know there is a huge price difference. Considering I'm not Rockefeller I want to get them sounding as good as possible without spending an arm or a leg.

Hi

I had Crites upgrades with crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphragms in both Cornwall ii (also with Crites woofers) and Forte ii. They were an significant upgrade from stock.

I am collecting parts now for an "all out" version of the stock Forte ii crossover. Much inspired from Set12, frequent on the Klipsch Korner pages over at Audiokarma.

So far I have got new German beefy auto-formers, duelund cast copper caps for mids and Mundorf silver in oil for tweets.

Still saving up for some beefy 8awg air coils from North Creek inductors... Dang these things are expensive!

I'm really looking forward to completing these!

Cbarth

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks James!

cannot recall if it is on the list here

No, I've check it 2 times before posting  :)

I only got this picture, not sure it's the same (high frequency  crossover is 1400Hz for RF82 II and 2000 Hz for RF82)

http://reconingspeakers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/1012267-3.jpg

Pascal

Edited by paskwalito