Crown D-150 amp and Crown IC-150 pre amp and Heresy speakers

carbon summit

I found a pair of 1980 Heresy BR in the orignal boxes for sale and the guy also has a Crown D-150 amp and Crown IC-150 pre amp both in the orignal boxes for sale as well. Sounds like everything is like new condition.

I don't know much about vintage stuff so I'll ask here. Would these Crown items be a good thing to pick up for a vintage two channel setup?

What do you guys think each item is worth?

Have been running a set of La Scala's off a D 150 for a few years now and am familiar with the pre.

I would have a competent tech give everything a once over and if they have not been powered for a long time, have them slowly reintroduced to the world of power with a variac.

I hate the way they did the inputs on the IC 150, the cause of major cable and jack strain and from what I understand lots of caps prone to leakage.

So if the amp is perfect and has the wood sleeve, see if you can steal it for $150-200.

What about the price for a pair of H-BR 1980 with original boxes and original receipt from the original owner. Have not seen them yet but sound like they are like new condition and comes with polycarbonate stands. Not sure what the stands are or will look like. Since there are stands with them I'm guessing no factory risers then?

I would have to think long and hard to come up with an amp/preamp combo that I would like less on a pair of Heresy than the Crown D150/IC150.

I'm not set on buying the amp and pre amp. The guy who has the Heresy (Heresys or Heresies or ?) also has the Crown stuff. I've heard the name so thought it might be an opportunity to pick up some vintage stuff cheap.

I'm not sure if he used them together with the Heresys or if he is just selling off some old stuff that he doesn't use anymore.

The Heresies will not compare to your Corns for the obvious reason, and they might not be as good as the Heresies III but if you could score them under 350.00 in a mint condition I say go for it. Just mho. duder

He is firm on $400. I'm not sure its worth walking away for $50. I usually have to drive 6 hours each way to Denver to pick up Klipsch speakers, these are right up the street! I'm going to look at them on Friday after work