Wyred 4 Sound?

HPower

Has anybody tried any of the W4S amps with their Heritage Klipsch?

I just came across this brand and have read a few of the reviews that have peeked my interest.

It seems they compare very favorably to some of the higher priced ICE offerings... Bel Canto, H2O, etc.

I am not sure if this type of amp would be good for "my" ear as I have preferred tubes on my KHorns so far, although the reviews

all mention extremely low noise floors with very good dynamics.

• 10 months later...

Bump

Jake? Do you have something you want to say?

We're all ears!

Dennie

Maybe Jake is trying to find out how ICE amps will be with Heritage speakers.

Well I own three sets of ICE Power amps, two from a company that no longer sells them - Murano Audio (200-300watt into 4ohm monoblocks and the 500watt monoblocks). I also own a pair of Bel Canto Ref 1000 monoblocks.

Bottom line is they are great amplifiers, run cool, and are somewhat tubelike though with serious slam and bass capability.

I have run my REF 1000 on Khorns, KLF-30, Heresys and RB5 speakers. I have to say the amps work very well with all of them. No shortage of power [:P] and clean smooth presentation. Worth a try if you can find a pair inexpensive. Also great when you live places like Texas so you don't have to push the air conditioner in the summer between tubes and 105 degree heat.

They all actually sound a little different from each other so it is best not to make a blanket assessment of them.

Bump

Jake? Do you have something you want to say?

We're all ears!

Dennie

Maybe Jake is trying to find out how ICE amps will be with Heritage speakers.

Well I own three sets of ICE Power amps, two from a company that no longer sells them - Murano Audio (200-300watt into 4ohm monoblocks and the 500watt monoblocks). I also own a pair of Bel Canto Ref 1000 monoblocks.

Bottom line is they are great amplifiers, run cool, and are somewhat tubelike though with serious slam and bass capability.

I have run my REF 1000 on Khorns, KLF-30, Heresys and RB5 speakers. I have to say the amps work very well with all of them. No shortage of power Stick out tongue and clean smooth presentation. Worth a try if you can find a pair inexpensive. Also great when you live places like Texas so you don't have to push the air conditioner in the summer between tubes and 105 degree heat.

They all actually sound a little different from each other so it is best not to make a blanket assessment of them.

[Y]

Thanks for the infoon ICE amps. It sounds like they can be agood combination with the right amp, but it's hard to find an ICE amp that can be demoed, let alone at home. I really like the idea though of a lighter weight amp as my current tube amp and DAC can't share my component rack at the same time without breaking it...

Thanks for the infoon ICE amps. It sounds like they can be agood combination with the right amp, but it's hard to find an ICE amp that can be demoed, let alone at home. I really like the idea though of a lighter weight amp as my current tube amp and DAC can't share my component rack at the same time without breaking it...

I have been pondering on the Pioneer Elite SC-37. It and I believe the SC-27 utilize a somewhat modified version of the ICEPower amps. Likely the mono-blocks will sound better but you might be able to find on of these around, like at Magnolia in Best Buy, to hear. At 1400 and 7channels driven of 130+ watts, sounds like a screaming deal also.

I have a pair of the Wyred 4 Sound SX-1000 monoblocks. I purchased them for another application, but I have tried them with my Belles. They are north of 500 watts per side at 8 ohms, which seems like massive overkill, but they do sound really good on the Belles. I can't speak to any of the other Wyred products as I have only heard the SX-1000's, but I could comfortably reccommend them.

Marty

• 1 month later...