HELLO !!! Yamaha M-80!

Matthews

Well all, I dont know where to begin. 1st, replaced Adcom 5400 with Yamaha M-80. The seller on e-bay described the M-80 as "top shelf" equipment in "excellent" condition. Upon arrival it took me 30 minutes to get the thing open to inspect he had so much bubble wrap on it and in three different boxes. Wanna talk about excitement. After many layers the Yammy finally revealed itself. WOW!!! I was in utter amazement. There is not one ding, scratch, or noticeable flaw anywhere to be found. Both inside and out. This thing is in pristine condition and looks like it just came straight from the factory. Man, you want to talk about the energy surrounding me now. I had to stand back for a moment to take it all in before proceeding.

Somehow I managed to be careful and take my time breaking down the old and installing the new monster. Powered it up and waited a second. OK, first try the radio. Hey, I made some noise, good! Holly cow, those big red meters are beatiful. Man, this thing weighs a ton and its pretty (has lipstick, as my brother in law puts it)

Maiden voyage. The Police, greatest hits. This has always been my goto when giving first runs with audio. At first I was a bit miffed. I turned the volume knob about half way (to where the Adcom would begin to clip), The thing sounded horrible. I did not know quite what to think. I cranked the gains all the way up and tried it again. Still not the punch of the old Adcom. I thought this can not be right. So I continued to slowly bring the volume up. Oh my!!! I got it up to about 7-8 and nearly piddled on myself. I thought now this is what the RF-7's have been missing. Some fine tuning and balance and this thing just came alive...

Let me tell ya, I believe a sleeping monster has awakend. My Klipsch are (sorry neighbors) singing like they never had. I knew from the very first time listening to them in the local sound shop I had stumbled upon something great. Paired with the Yammy is pretty exciting. It feels like I just got a whole new studio. I am not sure what album to put in next. My entire collection just became new again. So far Ive ran Police, Yes, and Peter Garbriel through it. It sounds incredible. Hmmm? what next. I think The Starlight Mints are next on deck.

Thanks for all your help guys!!! My system is incredible. Next I am going to need your help in finding a good CD deck.

I hope you have a wonderful evening and weekend![:D]

Had to come back and edit. Went down to the kitchen and found some dishes lying on the floor. I wonder how those got there[^o)]

Hey Matt,

That is GREAT to hear! Don't you love it when the seller is honest!!! I'm glad it arrived safely.

You know this thread means nothing without PICTURES!!!!

Now you've got "Headroom" and that can be a really nice thing. 250 watts per channel should be enough for a while. You watch your hearing! You might want to pull out the ol'SPL meter and see just how loud it is. [:P]

Let me know how it sounds at lower volume's and are you using the Adcom pre amp?

Keep us posted,

Dennie

wooahooo! Im in the pocket of the sun!!!!

Dennie, how do I load a pic into reply? Yea, I will watch the hearing, sometimes just gotta crank it though. The Adcom pre works perfect with the new addition.. Luckily I dont have a sound meter. what was that? did you hear something.[:)]

Hey Matt, I can see the smile on your face all the way from Sacramento! [:D]

In the reply box, you'll see a little smilely face, two icons to the left, it looks like a little tree picture, click on that and insert your picture.

I host my pictures at www.photobucket.com, if you don't have a place to "host" your pictures.

I can't wait to see a picture!

Dennie

Radio Shack "Sound Pressure Level" meter...........

pRS1C-2266249w345.jpg

Here's the Linky---------------------> CLICK HERE

It is a handy thing to have. I use mine mainly for setting up my Home Theater, but I do pull it out sometimes when I've got the volume up on the 2 channel system, and see how loud it really is. I like to listen at about 60bd to 80db, but I've been known to get to 115db or so, for a very short time. That is WAY LOUD!

Dennie

hmmm? I took a pic. have it on my desktop. cant seem to figure it out?

no drag and drop? aaaarrrrgghhhh!

Yea, Id like to show you.

Go to www.photobucket.comCLICK HERE, it is a free hosting site. It will only take a couple of minutes to sign up and upload your picture. Then copy the "Direct Link" and paste it in that "insert picture" box I mentioned, in the reply box.

I really want to see a picture. [:P]

Dennie

YesBig Smile Best Cd player? Make sure it has both 33 and 33 1/3 rpm!LOL

Glad you are in your happy place.

Hmmm? that is a little odd. I could have sworn that CD's turned a lot faster than that. Once again, proven wrong...

After a few hours of play time my new amp is proving everything I had hoped. I dont even need a subwoofer any longer. FOR SALE: Velodyne Impact 12/Adcom 5400

[Y][:D][8][*]