Saints defensive coordinator "Threatening" Manning

HarryO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Amy -

Just pose this question to Peyton...... "Of all the places you've ever ever lived, where do they really know how to party?" Party!!!

So this has turned into a Who Can Drink More contest vs. an actual football game? Oh wait, same thing.

But in case you doubt the town's enthusiasm or capacity to celebrate..... even Klipsch will be closed on Monday.

Yeah maybe...... But that's kinda like Klipsch (from Hope) being closed to celebrate the (Baltimore) Colts. Are ya'll gonna shut down something that's really Indy? Like the Speedway??? [:)]

• Moderators

Yeah maybe...... But that's kinda like Klipsch (from Hope) being closed to celebrate the (Baltimore) Colts.

The Colts have been here for 27 years. Klipsch Headquarters has been here for 20. Time to move forward. Although I know most in Klipsch-Hope are rooting for the Saints!

Are ya'll gonna shut down something that's really Indy? Like the Speedway???

Done. Oh wait, the track isn't open until May.

• Moderators

Amy come on down, stay here, It's not Miami but you won't be able to tell in the Quarter , we are going to NO to hear some music Fri (jazz) at Preservation Hall in the Quarter and Sat night at Rock & Bowl and probably back to the Quarter. Not sure about Monday but Tuesday is the Saints parade win or lose it don't matter really still a party. [:P]

http://www.preservationhall.com/hall/index.aspx

http://www.rockandbowl.com/CalandarPAGE/mounths/february.html

• Moderators

You're a funny person, Amy! Smile

Sometimes my smart mouth gets the best of me. I try very hard to subdue it here, but never have 100% success.

Bottom line...The Colts are a classy organization. The players, the staff, the fans, this entire town ... If the Saints wants to come after Manning (whether they did or didn't say it - I have my doubts) to try to hurt him "legally," then that's part of the game. If the N.O. fans want to go to Miami and prove that they can drink us under the table, then that's part of the festivities.

Me? I prefer to merely watch The Hangover.

But at the end of the day, one team will be going home holding the trophy and one team will just be going home. And everyone can be friends again.

[:)]

That's a funny movie!

Me? I prefer to merely watch The Hangover.

Couldn't agree more.

But at the end of the day, one team will be going home holding the trophy and one team will just be going home. And everyone can be friends again.

BTW, I am a Niners fan. So whoever wins the Superbowl doesn't really matter but I tend to like the underdog. Go Saints!

• Moderators

Amy come on down, stay here, It's not Miami but you won't be able to tell in the Quarter , we are going to NO to hear some music Fri (jazz) at Preservation Hall in the Quarter and Sat night at Rock & Bowl and probably back to the Quarter. Not sure about Monday but Tuesday is the Saints parade win or lose it don't matter really still a party. Stick out tongue

http://www.preservationhall.com/hall/index.aspx

http://www.rockandbowl.com/CalandarPAGE/mounths/february.html

The invitation is open to anyone interested, especially my favorite buddy Amy!

The Evan, if you want to meet us at Rock and Bowl, let us know.....dtel's cousin is singing with The Wise Guys, the band playing at Rock N Bowl Saturday night.

Like the article said....it's not just about drinking....it's about having a good time....PERIOD....even if New Orleans loses....there will still be a parade.......it's all good!

Geaux Saints!

OK, I've always thought the Saints were a class act.

It seems their defensive coordinator wants Manning hurt where he can't get up.

I know it's mostly trash talk but "what IF".....

By Mike Triplett, The Times-Picayune

February 02, 2010, 2:15PM

MIAMI GARDENS, FLA. - New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was a hit at Super Bowl XLIV media day, as expected -- despite Coach Sean Payton's best efforts to keep him quiet.

gregg_williams2.jpgThe Associated Press: New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams

Payton sent a waiter over to Williams earlier Tuesday morning with a tray of peanut butter, saltines and sand, hoping to keep his colorful and feisty coordinator from providing the Indianapolis Colts with any more bulletin board material. Williams grabbed national attention during a slow news week last week for telling a Nashville radio station that his defense would hit Colts quarterback Peyton Manning with some "remember me" shots,

Williams explained that he was just having fun with a former player on the radio - former Tennessee Titans hard-hitting safety Blaine Bishop, whom Williams said coined the phrase "remember me" shots.

He said he was surpised his comments got as much attention as they did, but he made no apologies for them, saying he wants his defense to play with that mentality and make opposing quarterbacks as uncomfortable as possible.

"I don't know what I should've said. Maybe I should've blown him kisses or sent him a Hallmark Valentine's card," Williams joked. "But I don't think that would have sent the right message to our defense."

When asked how he would respond if someone suggested his defense was dirty, Williams said they're not dirty. But they're nasty. He brought up the Pittsburgh Steelers' Steel Curtain and guys like Ray Lewis and said his mentor Buddy Ryan always taught him that you want your defense to be feared.

Maybe we don't bare our souls to outsiders. Maybe we don't enjoy getting arrested for public intox. Or maybe the weather simply isn't warm enough to flash people for beads.

But in case you doubt the town's enthusiasm or capacity to celebrate..... even Klipsch will be closed on Monday.

Good luck Saints. You'll need it.

Hey, what's all this I am hearing about half of Indiana pulling for the Saints... something about Brees playing at Perdue or something?

• Moderators

Hey, what's all this I am hearing about half of Indiana pulling for the Saints... something about Brees playing at Perdue or something?

Yes, Brees played at Purdue in W. Lafayette, where many of my co-workers went to school (as well as my uncle). I know they enjoy seeing him do well, but none that will go so far as to actually root against the Colts. At least none that I know. And I know some radical Purdue fans. Usually they are an irrational and dellusional bunch when it comes to sports.

I'm sure Saints fans would like to think that "half of Indiana" is rooting for them, but that's acutally quite laughable. Better they stick to their underdog sob story and solicit the rest of the country.

I'm sure Saints fans would like to think that "half of Indiana" is rooting for them, but that's acutally quite laughable. Better they stick to their underdog sob story and solicit the rest of the country.

Actually, most Saint's fans are scratching their heads at "why are the Saint's the underdog?" You don't hear any "sob story" around here. That's something that was invented by the national media. But that's ok, Drew Brees relishes being the "underdog". BTW, the national media has also invented that win/win scenario for the Colts, with the story about that Dwight Weenie (oops I mean Freeny) guy. They keep talking about how "hurt" he is, and the "he might not play" (even though we all know he will) just to put some doubt in the Saint's minds. THEN, AFTER THE SAINTS WIN, the national media is going to claim the Saints won because Freeny was playing with his little footy hurt . . . [:$]