Crossovers

CapZark

Thanks, I could probably figure it all out if I had the time, but I am thinking about buying some AAs from Crites. I just wanted to make sure I will really hear a noticable difference if I shelf the ALs. The ones I have are in good condition. I've learned that there are even better options like the ALK, but I can't spend $600 unless the difference blew me away. Bottom line, will I notice a big difference if I swap them out with Crites AA?

Most probably. You might wish to consult with Bob regarding a conversion of the AL to an A/AA type which could save you some money. Reason? You can try the A configuration, then the AA configuration. Some folks like the A. Others like the AA. I like the A/4500 "version" by Bob on K'horns, LaScalas and Belles... but then again, that's me. The AL (and the AK) were simply not considered to be the better crossovers for the Khorns or the LS's. The 3,4 and now the 5's are much better. The "best practice" for the AL/AK is to upgrade it to the AL/AK3 type. That's expensive, and you may not like it as much as an A/ AA.

• 4 months later...