Where the hell did this forum come from?

DBvader

yeah, i didnt know that this forum existed...now i do, so i can ask a question that i need answered...i decided that i was going to buy the creative nomad jukebox from outpost.com, becuase they are selling it for a fantastic 150.00. in any case, i need a good pari of ear bud head phones that i can use to listen with. any suggestions?

------------------

DONT PM ME! i dont check em if you have any questions

email me @: skpathak24@socal.rr.com

IM me @: Strategerie270

Screw you, Action! :)

the koss sporta pro's are the best i have heard. and super cheap.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I have been meaning to ask this same question for the last year. The only trouble is that I do not want to know the answer, because I have already purchased a pair.

Shopping for them was an instructional experience. First, I found a big difference in frequency range, stated sensitivity, maximum output, size and price (all of which are important features to me). I shopped at Brandsmart, Best Buy, Kmart and Target, because all of the stores are near each other and my home. I went for the buds because a programmer had a Koss pair he got for only $5 and I thought they would be useful at work. In fact, he let me use his for a couple of days. The sound was okay.

I am fond of saying that speakers are the only bargain in audio - you get the most bang for your buck. That certainly includes the amazing performance capabilities of the speakers that sit right on your ear, as headphones do, and the tiny speakers that squeeze inside the ear canal, as ear buds do. The quality of sound that you get for only a few bucks is amazing. In fact, it is a very good idea to compare headphone or earbud listening to new speaker or amplifiers to hear the contrasts in the sound. The speakers on or in the ear are very revealing of all of the sound effects on a disc - without the colorations or euphonies of the full-size speaker or power amplifier. They show what the disc sounds like.

Most of the buds all look so much the same that I wonder if one or two manufactures are not making the same models for a few different brands (just like other home appliances). What I found was that different stores sell various models at different prices. One store may sell three models of Koss, for example, while another store might only sell two, but different Koss models. All of the stores carried three brands apiece. The larger, more expensive and sporty earbuds have slightly deeper bass, but they did not seem to be worth the extra size and price. Best Buy had several models open, so that I could listen to a few of them. If I were not shopping around just for the fun of it, I would go there to buy again. I was not impressed with the selection offered at Brandsmart or Target. I probably looked at 12 to 15 models and listened to 3 or 4. The Koss buds seem to be a good value for the public. The Jensens seem cheaply made.

The best frequency response and sensitivity for my money are Sony MDR-E828LP for about $10. They are rated at 108 dB/w/m with a response from 12 to 22 kHz. The bass is much deeper than the $5 Koss for a few bucks more. I like the sound and the looks. I love the nifty little wind-up case.

The Sony buds do offer incredible value and competition for full size headphones costing several dozen times more. They are not in the sparkling and crisp Stax league of course. They are so much more convenient to use that I use my buds 10 times more often than the Stax (which is to say, I use the Stax hardly at all). My brief listen to the highly regarded Senniheiser 580 phones was informative, but these phones, and the very strongly recommended Grados are several orders of magnitude more expensive, without several degrees of more sonic bliss or purity. Ear buds are certainly all you need for the music quality of computer CD players.

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

Why must it be ear buds?

I like my ear-bud headphones(I have no idea what they are called) that have earbuds attached to a headband. I find them more comfortable. I have the Sony MDR-W08. The sound is pretty good too.

http://www.sanalmagaza.com.tr/product.asp?ID=5056&Node=341

------------------

My hodge-podge of equipment

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

hmm, if earbud ones are so cheap, then maybe ill get 2 pairs. What about headphones in general, for the price, who knows pretty good ones?

thanks

------------------

DONT PM ME! i dont check em if you have any questions

email me @: skpathak24@socal.rr.com

IM me @: Strategerie270

Screw you, Action! :)

i just got a pair of SONY MDR-CD380's, i paid $80, so i am returning them and getting them on the net for $35. But they sound great, very loud with little to no distortion, great frequency responce and very very confortable. When you play a bass track, it feels like the headphones are going to come off your head because they actually push away from you with all the air they move with the 40mm drivers. though these can not compare to the Sennhiesers or the Grado's, but the price is certainly right (except Fry's price or $30 ABOVE retail, and the fact i can get them in 2 days off the net for $35...).

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• 2 weeks later...

man!! justin it seems like yesterday you were at 4500 posts. that's unbelievable.

i got myself a pair of pioneer earphone bud. the sound is very good but the only problem is that the left earbud only fits in my right ear, and the right one on the left. it's the only way they will actually stay on. also they come in this little mechanical device that will wind in the earphones when i'm not using them. Although i wasn't thrilled about the idea at first that the piece can't be separated from the earphones it actually comes in handy since now the wire never gets tangled on itself.

Actually if you are desperate there are these tiny screws that will let you open the case and remove the wire. but it is pretty cool looking and once somebody who was watching me pull the earphones out of the case said to me "that's the smallest mp3 player i have ever seen!!!"