Pink Floyd DVD

Mr. RF62

Pink Floyd DVD would be "Pulse"a fantastic show however, not recorded such that they can do a blueray rendition of it. It's stuck in the 4:3 format however, it was the most incredible concert I think I've ever been to.

If you are a Gilmour specific fan you can get:

Meltdown (I personally love some specific tracks on this, even just the opening which has a lot of floor squeeks and equipment 'clicks' as he adjusts his stuff on a stage)

Live in G'Dansk, Prince Albert Hall

Then you have Roger Waters DVD's, "In the Flesh" and of course, "The Wall"

I've got all the above and like them all.

I like "Live in Pompeii" also.

I saw this once long ago. Isn't this more like a documentary than a bona fide 'show'??

Is the DVD different than what might have been shown 15 years ago? If so, I'll have to get this. I liked what I saw before but again, felt it more like a documentary.

I have "The Wall" and "Pulse" which are excellent.

Just for clarification, do you have The Wall as in the Waters stage concert or The Wall as in the movie with Bob Geldof?

(you could of coruse, have both! [:P])

Just trying to differentiate to the OP that both exist so that, if he's after a live concert then he might want to steer away from the movie or vice versa.

My honest opinion?

Can you handle my honest opinion?

Just get them all [Y] I doubt any of them will let you down...besides....if you get the "best" one you will still be curious about the next one and buy it anyway only to find out that in different ways it's just as good as the first.

Of all of them, Pulse was the most incredible concert I've ever seen (saw it live in 1994) however, that DVD is probably the one that I watch the least which I find interesting. It's not because it's not good, it's a fantastic show. I'll go through spurts and put them in and leave them in for while.

I will also put them in and flip through them, skipping some tracks. One track that I always leave on for someone to hear if they are listening to my system for the first time is the very intro to Gilmours Meltown dvd. He's up front, acoustic guitar and you can hear the floor squeak as he shifts his weight or the controls click as he steps on them, someone coughing.... it's just very real like you are there. Once the song ramps up I'll go ahead and skip ahead!

I would have a hard time saying any of the above are better than the others. Do you like "Echos" off the Meddle LP? If so then a kick hiney version of that is played on the Gilmour/Albert Hall dvd. Fat Old Sun? Interesting song but on one of the DVD's, he plays a 3 minute version of the song and on another DVD he plays a 6 minute version with a killer guitar solo for the last 3 minutes.

Just get them all and enjoy even the same songs with different inflections.

Pulse is a fantastic concert.

I really wish "delicate sound of thunder" would come out on "official" DVD. Maybe someday?

Well...I guess I like them all! Including the Gilmour DVD's and Blu rays. (Have em all) [:D][Y]

The Roger waters "In the flesh live" is also a great concert.

Check out Pulse first I would say.

Take care

Mike

Anyone tell me of a really great Blue Man Group DVD? Thanks

Having two of them (both?) I'd say get both lol. Although it's substantially the same show, the first one has little... (whats her name)...oh, Venus Hum who sings Donna Summers, drats, what's the name, "I feel love"?? and man, this little girl has a pair of lungs. This is in my view, easily as good as any song on this dvd.

The next one, (how to be a megastar?) has same songs but different girl and in my book, this girl can't hold the boots that Venus walks in when it comes to singing this song. However, the second one has a nice rendition of Pink Floyd's Careful with that Ax.

I also have one of the cd's and honestly at times, think the CD is just as good as the dvd's other than the visuals missing.

I think the CD is fantastic for showing off some percussion (as well as thinking the dvd is fantastic for same)

You keep picking on disks I have....why don't you just come visit for a weekend and we'll rock out?

[Y]

I have both but like the concert DVD better.

If you are a Pink Floyd fan and don't have "Pulse", you're not a true "Floyder."

Just for clarification, do you have The Wall as in the Waters stage concert or The Wall as in the movie with Bob Geldof?

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend the existence of the Blue Man group.

Having two of them (both?) I'd say get both lol. Although it's substantially the same show, the first one has little... (whats her name)...oh, Venus Hum who sings Donna Summers, drats, what's the name, "I feel love"?? and man, this little girl has a pair of lungs. This is in my view, easily as good as any song on this dvd.

The next one, (how to be a megastar?) has same songs but different girl and in my book, this girl can't hold the boots that Venus walks in when it comes to singing this song. However, the second one has a nice rendition of Pink Floyd's Careful with that Ax.

I also have one of the cd's and honestly at times, think the CD is just as good as the dvd's other than the visuals missing.

I think the CD is fantastic for showing off some percussion (as well as thinking the dvd is fantastic for same)

You keep picking on disks I have....why don't you just come visit for a weekend and we'll rock out?

Yes

Thanks for the help Coytee, I may have to take you up on that offer sometime. LOL. So they only have the two DVDs??? What is the name of the first one?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes

I have to agree with Coytee on this one. Venus Hum Rocks!

I have this one and it is always a crowd pleaser......

31VGB9CV7GL._SS400_.jpg

It is not something I would play everyday, but if you want to enjoy great percussion and a great concert, this is a fun one.

Dennie