ALK Cornwall X-over network listening impressions!

I have been helping Al with my experienced "Corwnall" ears in the development of his new networks for these great speakers. I've owned the same pair of 1964 Cornwalls for over 20 years and they've been in and out (way more "in" than "out") of my main system a few times in that period. I'll never sell these speakers--they are the most up-front, in-your-face dynamic speakers I've ever owned and they are the BEST speakers I've ever heard for be-bop and female jazz vocals.

Al's final design for the Cornwall network is just fabulous sounding, as it retains all the things I love about the Cornwall sound and then some! The decay from the pluck of a bass string or the snap of a snare drum is so much quicker with AL's networks it is just amazing--it really sends shivers down my spine. Right before I went to sleep last night I was listening to the Classic Records 45rpm pressing of "Mingus Ah Um" and the bass lines in Mingus' solos just went right through me.

I always felt the strength of the Cornwall was in it's ability to make horns (sax, trumpet, trombone) come ALIVE and Al's networks don't mess with this quality at all--they are every bit as good as the original Klipsch networks, which I must say are very, very good. TO claim that AL's networks are even better is really saying something!

Anyway, I'm still listening and evaluating, but I just wanted to pass along these impressions to anyone out these considering buying a set of these networks.

I highly recommend that you do!