Crites midrange diaphragms

troutboy

Well, where do I start? I payed with both the BC phenolic replacement diaphragms as well as the titanium that came with the new K53 TI drivers. The BC's made an improvement over the stock, but from my perspective and humble opinion the titanium diaphragms are another step up. Don't get me wrong I love Bob's products and have his replacement networks and titanium tweeter diaphragms.

The titanium midrange diaphragms seem to provide a more seamless transition from the mids to the highs with the titanium tweets. Very transparent and more liquid sounding to my ears.

If anyone is interested I will be selling my phenolic BC midrange replacement diaphragms for the forte II. I will part with for Bob' s price plus free shiping in the lower 48. That is about a $10.00 savings.

I plan on keeping the original phenolic diaphragms.

I could not be happier with the way the speakers are performing and am done with mod's for quite some time. Time to listen and enjoy!

I will post a more detailed review of the titanium midrange diaphragms after another 20+ hours or so of listening.

My original intent was to put in BC's midrange diaphragms, after already putting in Bob's networks and titanium tweeter diaphragms.

However upon the rebuild I lost a driver that was non repairable. So I purchased two new K-53 TI drivers which are exactly the same as the forte II original except they are equipped with titanium diaphragms and are used in the Heresy III and Cornwall III.

I have auditioned both and prefer the titaniums perhaps after a few weeks I will try Bob's phenolic again, but at this point and time the titaniums in the K-53 TI drivers sound better to my ears.

I am not dissing Bob's product, it is very good indeed, just prefer the titaniums and thought I would post my thoughts.

If anyone is interested in trying them they are available from Klipsch parts @ $85.00 per set. Again they are drop in to the original forte II drivers as well.

My original intent was to put in BC's midrange diaphragms, after already putting in Bob's networks and titanium tweeter diaphragms.

However upon the rebuild I lost a driver that was non repairable. So I purchased two new K-53 TI drivers which are exactly the same as the forte II original except they are equipped with titanium diaphragms and are used in the Heresy III and Cornwall III.

I have auditioned both and prefer the titaniums perhaps after a few weeks I will try Bob's phenolic again, but at this point and time the titaniums in the K-53 TI drivers sound better to my ears.

I am not dissing Bob's product, it is very good indeed, just prefer the titaniums and thought I would post my thoughts.

If anyone is interested in trying them they are available from Klipsch parts @ $85.00 per set. Again they are drop in to the original forte II drivers as well.

Am I correct in assuming that the K-53 Ti should be a drop-in replacement in a Heresy II? Will there be any unintended side-effects (e.g. is the K-53 Ti of a higher sensitivity than the stock K-53-K phenolic)?

Thanks!

-D

D;

If you are interested in trying call Klipsch Parts and ask for Steve Philips. He has the most knowledge on the Heritage line there. If I had to guess, I would have to say yes, that the titanium diaphragms used in th K53 TI drivers would fit the Heresy II as well.

Steve is a great guy, he will research and provide you with the right product.

FYI - they also don't sell individual diaphragms for upgrading K-53-K to K-53-Ti - only replacement parts for K-53-Ti to K-53-Ti.

John - how were you able to get the option to buy the K53-Ti diaphragms (I guess part of the problem is I didn't talk to Steve Philips).

-D

Yeah i know huh but yeah I'd be down to get some three floyds brewski's if were in that area ... course if you were in my neck of the woods, Redhook brewery is only a couple blocks from my house, not to mention the two wineries next to it, and too many other microbreweries to list in my vicinity. ;p ;D

My neck of the woods then. I just have to walk down the Tolt Pipeline trail (from the east) to go to Redhook.

-D

Yeah i know huh but yeah I'd be down to get some three floyds brewski's if were in that area ... course if you were in my neck of the woods, Redhook brewery is only a couple blocks from my house, not to mention the two wineries next to it, and too many other microbreweries to list in my vicinity. ;p ;D

My neck of the woods then. I just have to walk down the Tolt Pipeline trail (from the east) to go to Redhook.

-D

Sorry for the duplicate post. The forum seems to be not cooperating with my computer today.

-D

Looks like the k53ti diaphragm kit are 84.00 each not a pair ... came out to 187 and some change.

The guy I talked to tried to sell me on getting the H-III upgrade kit. A little too spendy for me. I think the K53-Ti kit that's $84/ea. is for the actual driver, sans horn. The diaphragms (which may or may not fit a K53-K are $80/pair. However, they only sell the diaphragms as replacements (not sure how they verify - perhaps they as for S/N on the speakers).

-D

I upgraded my Fortes crossovers to a new pair of Crites crossovers about two months ago and liked what I heard.

So I moved on to Crites tweeter diaphragms and liked what I heard. After a couple of weeks I realized that I still liked the new tweeters but the midrange did not blend with the bass and the tweeter like before any upgrades. What I always liked about the Fortes is how the bass, midrange, and highs blended together one not overpowering the other two.

So I figured go ahead and get Crites midrange diaphragms and after two weeks the midrange sounds much better. Everything is balanced again.[:D][Y]

Now this is on my system and what I hear.

Yes, the entire driver is $85.00 each. However, according to Steve Philips at Klipsch parts, the titanium diaphragms that are used in the K53 TI Driver are available at $84.00 for the pair. I had no choice but to buy a driver since one of mine were damaged. According to Steve I could have purchased just one complete driver and a diaphragm, but I wasn't comfortable with a new and a 19 year old working together so I purchased two complete K53 TI drivers.

What if someone were to blow a diaphragm on a K53 TI Driver? They are available, or at least that is what I was told by Steve.