It's Midnight and It's Magic

thebes

Nothing on the planet is as magical as a major snow storm, especially if you are safe and warm. Can't even begin to describe how fantastic it is outside right now.

Been for a couple of walks and some shoveling. The warm glow of tubes awaiting when I step inside.

Sometimes the world is just a really good place to be, so I'll drop a quick line and share the icicles.

Yea but you have the twins to keep you warm.... [:P]

Yea my gf was just telling me Friday morning that the DC area was going to get hit with snow, I said ok why are you telling me. She loves the snow, mind you she doesn't shovel any of it but does drive in it. Take some pictures if you can Thebes and post them, we haven't got hit like that this year.

James

I don' know what the official total is here, but it easily look like a good solid 18+ inches here. And yes, it is still snowing - hard!

Even better - My mother just sent these pics! they got 28 inches (in Berryville, near Winchester, VA), and it is STILL snowing up there as well!

My mother said it made her homesick for Beloit, WI (which is where we are originally from). And here, they are planning on leaving to head to Florida to see the Daytona 500, visit Disney World, and so forth.

I think we are just a couple inches shy of what Minneapolis has gotten for snow this year (this storm may have put us ahead!)

017Medium.jpg

020Medium.jpg

018Medium.jpg

019Medium.jpg

I'd like to contribute to the snow pics. This was mid December, 18". A tree branch broke off in our front lawn. Check out my 2 1/2 year old son helping with the roof.

I remember my brother and I making a tunnel system in the plowed snow banks at my elementary school. Fun fun! I love how the whole world becomes muted. The snow collects the higher frequencies and everything goes quiet.

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=d59

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=2&messageId=d59

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=1&messageId=d59

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=4&messageId=d59

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=8&messageId=d59

James I went out last night and took a bunch of pics with my el-cheapo digital and when I loaded them into my computer they all the snow flakes made them look like I was taking picture of the night sky. So I went out today and snapped a few.

The first one is a picnic table. I measure about 20 inches on that table. I grew up in snow country, but even in Syracuse, New York a snow this size would slow things down.

Here's the most bizarre thing, though. On Thursday evening I'm sitting in the basement, listening to some tunes and staring out the plate glass rear doors when a raccoon walks up to the door and starts scratching at it. I go to the door he moves back about a yard, sits down and starts staring at me. I swear he was asking me to let him in! I'm pretty sure he lives under my ground level deck so I tossed some nuts under their last night. But sorry fella, I'm not letting a critter wearing a robbers mask near my gear.

post-14801-138195397297_thumb.jpg

post-14801-13819566720686_thumb.jpg

post-14801-1381956812682_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics guys, I have to show my gf. We were just talking and said that we haven't got hit like that in a while.

I love snow that clings to everything, turning the world into white magic.

This is the exact thing the my gf likes about snow...

Stay safe and warm....

James

Thebes,

Did you notice how quiet it gets after a fresh snow fall, perfect for stereo listening!

Thanx, Russ

That is something that I've always noticed. Just how quiet it actually is.

When stuck inside and can't go anywhere - perfect time to fire up the stereo for listening!