FISHER "THE FISHER" TUBE MONO BLOCK 50-A MONO BLOCK POWER AMPS (PAIR)

I recently came across a pair of FISHER "THE FISHER" 50-A Mono block amplifiers. I have a tech as a part of my MUSIC BUSINESS. It is his feeling that they are in great shape electronically. He formed his opinion on the basis of his initial pass at these amps. He has not done any in depth testing. One of the amps is missing a pair of tubes however. Not inexpensive tubes I would imagine...

The previous owner who is deceased was an electrical engineer and audio fanatic. I have bought a lot gear from his son who inherited a garage full of electronic stuff from Pops upon his unfortunate demise. Generally the gear has been well maintained and carefully used with minor wear and tear. My sense according is that given my techs initial impression and this past record, these amps should be easy to get up and running. Aesthetically they are in good condition. No obvious rust or major damage of any kind. Minor scratches and nicks at the most.

While I appreciate this type of gear at an intellectual level, I have come to the conclusion for myself that I am more of a mid fi guy than an audiophile. A pair of time aligned MODEL 15s (courtesy of AUDIVEX in BERKELEY) an AMC tube preamp and a pair of HAFLER 200's bridged and I am as happy as I need to be with my gear. So rather than going through the process of cleaning and servicing these FISHER AMPS, I have decided to instead sell them on to someone who will appreciate them more.

Let me know if you are interested and are preapared to pay somewher in the 1 to 2 K range for these amps.

These are the 225 watt version of the 50 A's incidentally.

Pictures available upon request.

the gear has been well maintained and carefully used with minor wear and tear. My sense according is that given my techs initial impression and this past record, these amps should be easy to get up and running

Only driven on Sundays by a little old lady? Not to be unwelcoming (welcome to the forum by the way) but you only have two posts here and it's to sell some gear for your business? Geeze, some of us like some sweet talk and maybe a little diner first.

Thanx, Russ

Actually Russ...I run a music school. It is both a business and also an altruistic excercise as we provide scholarships for kids in our community who would otherwise be unable to afford lessons etc. Beyond that, these amps are actually in pretty much perfect shape and I am gonna give someboy one helluva deal. They are consecutinve serial numbers and both powered up from the get go under variac etc. I figured KLIPSCH folks might have an appreciation for such equipment. I am more into altec stuff myself. Insofar social stuff goes I have my Wife and baby and the community where I live and work for that. No disrespect intended. I did misplace my thread mind you. Sorry. Thats what the second thread was about. As my sadly deceased friend David Hafler was won't to say......in our industry there is far too much talk about the conduit and not enough about the currency. Metaphorically deep at many levels. Not just doing art ... living artistically. Not just listening to music but also communicating with a sense of musicality. Grist for the mill.

John

It is possible that forum members may be interested in the amps, however, they should be posted in the garage sale section near the top of the forum listings. Rules for the garage sale section are included in a sticky at the top, pictures help and a set price is required...this is not an auction site.

These are the 225 watt version of the 50 A's incidentally.

This must be the power consumption for the amps. Given the age, these should be around 30 watts each for output. Especially if they use the 1614 output tubes.

Bruce

Good afternoon/evening all. I have been keeping an eye on this so called person who claims to have a legitimate sale, and with such distrust by others including myself, on the Lansing Heritage Forums, with his sly little possible scam.

Well he has waved his rights goodbye by verbal insult the forum [:@]and you can read his little escapade here.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=278724#post278724

As well as here

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=278725#post278725

Well, he says he's from Oakland on both forums so it's possible he is, and he's got a really good rap but the more I look at his posts the more disconnected it seems. Just a tad too much BS, maybe he is for real but I'm not looking for any old fisher amps. Two KT-88s don't make 225 watts, no way-no how. Odd there are no pictures..........

Thanx, Russ

Evening there russ

Well it does seem fishy and I’m sure this site has had its fair share of sly trolls looking for an easy simple person to prey on.

This chum isn’t fooling me.

If I had I something to sale I’d make sure I have pictures to post on the same day and that price isn't as high and also spend a bit more time, around the site participating with other forum members.

He’s the typical one that posts then as we say here in England, “buggers off” for a few days. Wow doesn’t seem that interested does he?

Eveing there

I’m not comfortable around valve amps least of all ones for CB radios. I cringe when the thing starts glowing bright orange and the discolouring on the glasses. I was fearing the thing would explode and glass would shower everywhere.

Well glad you’re aware it’s a dodgy valve amp because I don’t know sweet bugger all, about them. So did he deceive by lying about this in the text?

Wow I’m wondering how many sock accounts this person made?[^o)]

Wow you do you have real concrete solid poof to back up these words?

Wow your last visit was Tuesday July 28th 2009 and you suddenly come on say he’s goodie, goodie? Wow I’m just stunned.

Oh, I had feeling he was British, after he called the members on LHF Just not to any of you wankers!

Since that is commonly used word in England and Australia.

So what if he set up some forrum accounts to sell a piece of gear. Not everyone has time or desire to be a forum regular. It's not his fault that he was attacked by the forum members. There is nothing wrong with picking up a piece of gear cheaply and selling it for a profit, we all do it at some point. He just wants to find a good home for the amp without putting it on ebay. What's wrong with that?

Yes there is problem and I doubt he would be or his buddy who I sense near by? Well looks like they’d have to pick another site to prey on those who are not, bright or shape minded?

I won’t buy anything off forum sites because this is one of the many possible places a scamming will try his little scam on and it’s quite long in the tooth, now.

Since setting up an ebay account for myself, I have not one bit of interest because most I smell scammers. I’d sooner buy from a true established legit company that has been around for many years, not some faceless person.

There are plenty of second-hand shops this person can take it too if he claims to be who he says he is?

But I find it odd why you suddenly pop up!

Let me guess you might be him, you just create a few accounts so you can gain the forums trust? When the thread gets heat after countless delays in posting pictures of the sale, a few start to doubt this is a legit person and just another sly scam?

Tell me I’m right?

You come on and suddenly say you’ve brought from him, please kindly prove me, wrong and provide proof, proof that hasn’t been manufactured for this little scam, because I’m not buying this for one second.

Well if he wants a good home then why, doesn’t he, just keep it and the silly asking price.

Lebaron,

I know you have contributed in the past, it's good to know you had a good experience with the nice English bloke, he's evidently not a wanker! . Thanks for posting but like I said his posting is a little disjointed and that makes normal people think that something is a bit off. Maybe he can chime in again and chat it up a bit before he closes the hard sell? Thanks again.

Russ

Yeah, I can't be him becuase I am a Klipsch man and he's an Altec man! I bought a very rare and desirable Bozak DJ mixer from him a couple of years ago and I have been to his music shop (Acme Music), which is in one of the roughest neighborhoods in Oakland. He gets jazz oldtimers and young street kids together in the love of music; it is a noble cause. We still keep in touch via facebook where he told me about the amp. A simple google search landed me here where I read all of these accusations, and felt I should chime in. SO MUCH FOR CONSPIRICY THEORIES! I plan on checking out the amps soon but a trip to Europe next month has left me cash poor!

Look, can you blame me for resenting the ridiculous amount of skepticism and frankly bitterness I am encountering on this site. I myself am a musician and artist. I listen to music not to amplifiers. That is why I am off-loading these. I frankly don't believe that the average person can really discern between a moderately expensive amp and a very expensive amp. I am sticking with my SANSUI integrated amp for that reason. If I wanted to win some fidelity argument I would simply get a good pair of studio monitors with a ruler flat linear response right? This would cost me maybe $500. ''

Now I am not knocking people who like tubes or KRELL $100,000 amps for that matter. To each their own. I have owned Hafler amps, McIntosh stuff, Dynaco, Marantz, Rotel etc....I checked out your scene. I am into value though and was ultimately not impressed with the hyperbole around the majority of the high end stuff. Still digging the old Hafler stuff mind you.

I also do production work and am in the process of building a studio. I put our records myself. Tubes are great in this regard. I use one with my DJ cd player and certainly like the overdriven qualities in a guitar amp.

Now not all of you are wankers certainly. I did not initiate the rude and ill mannered dialogue. Go back and you will see. I am absolutely legitimate. I have hundred of items thru Craigslist/ebay etc. I specialized in Altec stuff for a while. At this point I own ACME MUSIC in East Oakland a business of 38 years standing in the community. I have not lied at any point in my engagement. I did however mistakenly post in the wrong section originally. Long days blurring into late nights. Not that easy keeping a small business going these days. (ACME is principally a Music School but also a retail facility and repair ctr). I have dj-d for 22 years and have made my living from music and art for some time now. This is called paying dues folks.

I am not an audiophile.

I like music.

Some of you folks need to learn some manners.

Come visit me at my store if you don't think I am legit.

Also, I will take the first $900 that is offered for the amps. Think I am fraud then don't respond. Have faith and get a killer killer deal.

If there is anything wrong with them I will find out ahead of time. You see I have an electronics repair guy and know more than any of you thanks to relying upon his professional opinion in this instance.

Good night.

Hi Joel! I just saw your kind words above. Ok wannabe's....(particularly those who are now doubting Joel). This guy has a system that would make most of you weep. Unlike most of you though he is using it for creative purposes. He is a dj too. We are all about great fidelity because it helps us convey our creative message to a population of people. Start doubting him too now huh? You poor cynical fools. I have faith in people and guess what it works...My business is growing by leaps and bounds during a recession in a terrible neighborhood. I truly appreciate Joel for noticing and have every reason to denigrate those of you who......suck.